Author Topic: Vox: Stop telling kids that climate change will destroy their world  (Read 228 times)

rebewranger

Vox: Stop telling kids that climate change will destroy their world
19 hours ago Eric Worrall 77 Comments
Essay by Eric Worrall

Vox contributor Kelsey Piper describing her realisation that climate anxiety is a far worse threat to the welfare of kids than climate change.

Stop telling kids that climate change will destroy their world

Some “climate anxiety” is the product of telling kids — falsely — that they have no future.

By Kelsey Piper  Jun 8, 2022, 8:10am EDT

My 5-year-old daughter is now old enough to read a lot of books and magazines aimed at children, and it’s given me a whole new perspective on the discourse wars over how we talk about climate change, conservation, and the future of the planet.

As I’ve written about before, climate change is going to be bad, and it will hold back humanity from thriving as much as we should this century. It will likely cause mass migration and displacement and extinctions of many species.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2022/06/13/vox-stop-telling-kids-that-climate-change-will-destroy-their-world/

rebewranger

Re: Vox: Stop telling kids that climate change will destroy their world
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2022, 12:23:50 pm »
Democrats can't help themselves!!  Everything they support will destroy the earth if the problem can't be fixed THEIR WAY. It almost seems they are trying to control everything by finding all these disasters in waiting. :tongue2: