Author Topic: Runaway energy prices require a green energy rethink  (Read 500 times)

rebewranger

Runaway energy prices require a green energy rethink
« on: June 13, 2022, 02:59:36 pm »
Runaway energy prices require a green energy rethink
Jennifer Schubert-Akin - 4h ago

The chits for years of inflationary green energy policies are coming due to record-high energy prices and unreliable electrical grids.

FILE -- Wind turbines turn behind a solar farm in Rapshagen, Germany, Thursday, Oct. 28, 2021. The German government presented a major package of reforms Wednesday to boost the construction of renewable power as part of its efforts to meet its climate goals and become independent of energy imports from hostile nations such as Russia.   
Average national gasoline prices have soared to a record high of $5 a gallon. The price of natural gas, which heats many homes in America, has roughly tripled over the last year. And electric grid monitors nationwide are warning of blackouts and brownouts this summer. These effects on ordinary residents' living standards require an immediate national environmental policy rethink, reflecting a new appreciation of cheap, reliable energy.

While Russia's war on Ukraine and easy monetary policy have contributed to rising energy prices, policymaker opposition to traditional energy production and distribution is also a big reason for price increases. The Biden administration canceled the Keystone XL pipeline, banned oil and gas leases on federal land, and implemented numerous new burdensome regulations on production. Last year's federal infrastructure legislation created a state carbon dioxide reduction mandate. Net-zero requirements at all levels of government and from many institutions reject traditional energy.

This matters because the price of energy is ultimately a function of supply and demand. On the same basis, however, policymakers can immediately help lower energy costs by reversing costly green policies. They should strongly champion oil and gas development and distribution.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/runaway-energy-prices-require-a-green-energy-rethink/ar-AAYoH2h?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=43f365050418473680142aeeaef3c161

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Runaway energy prices require a green energy rethink
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2022, 04:32:52 pm »
The leftists have demonstrated a complete lack of ability to think in the first place.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2022, 04:35:00 pm »
Re-think?  Hell.....

Green Energy has been a scam since day 1.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2022, 02:57:19 pm »
Re-think?  Hell.....

Green Energy has been a scam since day 1.
Yep, it needs a convincing death blow.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2022, 04:18:23 pm »
Yep, it needs a convincing death blow.

:yowsa: pointing-up
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien