Author Topic: Gavin Newsom: America Has a ‘Red State Murder Problem’  (Read 1310 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Gavin Newsom: America Has a ‘Red State Murder Problem’
« on: June 13, 2022, 01:06:06 pm »
Gavin Newsom: America Has a ‘Red State Murder Problem’

Joel B. Pollak 13 Jun 2022

California Governor Gavin Newsom tried to reframe the political narrative on crime Saturday, claiming that America has a “red state murder problem,” rather than a problem of homicide in Democrat-controlled cities across the nation.

Newsom was speaking with Elex Michaelson, host of The Issue Is podcast, on the occasion of the Summit of the Americas in Los Angeles. He claimed the media had inflated the broader significance of the recall of San Francisco District Attorney Chesa Boudin.

Newsom, a former mayor of the city, said that the recall had been “so predictable,” and that he had “enjoyed it,” though he argued that nothing about the recall “warranted the attention nationally as some arbiter of something farther-reaching.”

Whe he acknowledged that Democrats “absolutely” bear some responsibility for the crime wave in San Francisco, Newsom said that Republicans are more to blame for the nationwide crime wave, and blamed media bias for the focus on California.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/crime/2022/06/13/gavin-newsom-america-has-a-red-state-murder-problem/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Re: Gavin Newsom: America Has a ‘Red State Murder Problem’
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2022, 01:13:44 pm »
:facepalm2:

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2022, 01:23:09 pm »
Great. Was wondering with Liberals would figure out that all the mostly Black on Black murders in Democrat cities are being caused by Red State White Supremacists. Still waiting on Newsom's explanation of how 'space aliens' are making Meth and leaving 'needles/space crap' all over the sidewalks of California.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2022, 01:48:17 pm »
Democrats have the Presidency.
Democrats have the US Senate.
Democrats have the US House.
Democrats have California governorship.
Democrats have California State Assembly.

If the glove does not fit, you must acquit.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2022, 04:04:04 pm »
California, New York, Illinois are "Red States"? Baltimore and St. Louis are "red" cities? In what perpendicular, laws-of-physics-inverted, universe?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2022, 04:11:48 pm »
Noisome is referring to a CBS fake-poll that concluded that "Eight of the top states with the fastest-growing murder rates in America are Republican states — really nine, when you consider one of those two, happens to be Georgia."  But failed to take into account which party controlled the city in which the murder rate was being measured.

From the article itself:
What these efforts have in common is that they tend to ignore the political party that actually controls the cities in which the murder rate has soared. (In Kern County, which had a much lower homicide rate a decade ago, the city has been infiltrated by a war among rival prison gangs.)

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2022, 04:20:23 pm »
Great. Was wondering with Liberals would figure out that all the mostly Black on Black murders in Democrat cities are being caused by Red State White Supremacists. Still waiting on Newsom's explanation of how 'space aliens' are making Meth and leaving 'needles/space crap' all over the sidewalks of California.

Quite literally, my whacko-liberal sister has said those words. She declared that the Antifa/BLM 'peaceful protests' were indeed peaceful... and that it was white supremacists committing the violence and burning down the cities.

Seriously.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2022, 06:09:01 pm »
Yeah, well, pretty much every statistic used to deride the red states is driven by the sizable blue minority.  If you dumped a few thousand Atlantans in Vermont, it might turn republican.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2022, 10:13:20 pm »
Quite literally, my whacko-liberal sister has said those words. She declared that the Antifa/BLM 'peaceful protests' were indeed peaceful... and that it was white supremacists committing the violence and burning down the cities.

Seriously.

A former TBR member insisted that the 1/6 rioters and protesters were actually all antifa-types or some such nonsense. I think we have entered a Post-Fact Age. People's "truth" overrides facts.

Of course, there were a few Prog-provocateurs and some FBI infiltrators at the Capitol, while the "white supremacists" at BLM riots were almost entirely (+/- "almost") in Progs' heads.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2022, 10:20:11 pm »
A former TBR member insisted that the 1/6 rioters and protesters were actually all antifa-types or some such nonsense. I think we have entered a Post-Fact Age. People's "truth" overrides facts.

Of course, there were a few Prog-provocateurs and some FBI infiltrators at the Capitol, while the "white supremacists" at BLM riots were almost entirely (+/- "almost") in Progs' heads.

Most definitely. That's why I hardly listen to any of it.... from either side... From ANY side.
Folks got super pissed at me here when I waited for proof of electoral malfeasance...

I will not commit without seeing facts. Actionable facts at that. Anything else is just noise.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2022, 10:26:32 pm »
Perhaps Newsom should take a look at his own state's problems:

https://twitter.com/ShellenbergerMD/status/1537557826381393920
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2022, 12:15:13 am »
Pointing at others is easier than working to solve one's own problems. Many pols kick the can down the road, move up to a higher office, and some other schlub gets stuck when the problem becomes critical. I don't think Goobernor Noisome has good prospects for moving up, even if DiFei retires instead of running in 2024.