Author Topic: New Senate bill would speed Pentagon purchase of electric non-tactical vehicles  (Read 254 times)

rebewranger

New Senate bill would speed Pentagon purchase of electric non-tactical vehicles

New legislation would require the 75% of the department's FY23 non-tactical vehicle purchases to be electric or zero-emissions.
By   ANDREW EVERSDEN
on June 13, 2022 at 5:00 AM

WASHINGTON: Two Democratic senators plan to introduce legislation later today that would force the Defense Department to aggressively speed up efforts to adopt more environmentally friendly vehicles.

Sens. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., and Mazie Hirono, D-Hawaii, plan to introduce the Military Vehicle Fleet Electrification Act, ambitious legislation would require 75% of non-tactical vehicles purchased by DoD to be electric or zero-emission vehicles starting at the beginning of fiscal 2023, or Oct. 1, 2022, according to text of the bill provided to Breaking Defense.

“Transitioning the military’s nontactical fleet of vehicles to electric or other zero-emission vehicles would have a significant impact on the U.S. government’s greenhouse gas emissions,” Warren said in a statement. “This is an effective solution that helps us tackle the climate crisis and keeps the military ready for the future.”

Both Warren and Hirono sit on the Senate Armed Services Committee. The proposed Senate legislation will be a companion to a House bill introduced in April by Rep. John Garamendi, D-Calif., the chair of the House Armed Service Committee’s Readiness subcommittee.

https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?action=profile;u=117442
« Last Edit: June 13, 2022, 11:22:54 am by rangerrebew »

rebewranger

China and Russia thank you! 10631

Offline Kamaji

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
When war is seconds away we don't have time to charge a battery.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online DefiantMassRINO

That is beyond dumb.  What is a "non-tactical" military vehicle?  The armchair generals' and admirals' chauffeured vehicles?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.