Author Topic: Why a Dem dream candidate can't touch Rubio in Florida  (Read 1005 times)

Online libertybele

Why a Dem dream candidate can't touch Rubio in Florida
« on: June 12, 2022, 07:40:41 pm »
I disagree. Rubio's seat is not guaranteed.

Why a Dem dream candidate can't touch Rubio in Florida

On paper, Rep. Val Demings should be the ideal Democratic candidate to challenge GOP Sen. Marco Rubio.

Demings served as Orlando police chief before winning a congressional seat in 2016, was short-listed to serve as President Joe Biden’s running mate, has outpaced Rubio in campaign donations and is regularly greeted enthusiastically by voters on the trail. She routinely notes her upbringing — a “Black girl who grew up poor in the South” and was the daughter of a janitor and a maid.

But she’s been forced to campaign while Biden’s numbers have sunk in Florida, his administration has pushed policies that have alienated South Florida voters vital to her campaign and the electoral landscape in the state now favors Republicans.

“This is my race. And this race is between Marco Rubio and me,” Demings said in an interview. “I know Marco wants me to focus on the president’s approval ratings. I can control what I’m doing. I can’t control the president’s approval ratings.”

Yet as a sign of how gloomy Florida looks for Democrats, neither the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee nor a super PAC that backs Senate Democrats has reserved any ad time in the state. Demings may not get any measurable help in a state that may be slipping away from her party.

She’s now focusing on two issues in the hopes of energizing voters, though political advisers warn it may be a losing proposition. It’s another sign that the key Senate race may be out of reach for Democrats, further jeopardizing the party’s control of Congress.

Demings has started to hammer Rubio over gun control and abortion in an effort to turn the tide in a race where polls have shown her trailing the two-term Republican. She has spent time in recent campaign stops highlighting Rubio’s opposition to abortion after the disclosure of the Supreme Court’s initial draft opinion overturning the 1973 Roe v. Wade decision......

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/06/11/why-a-dem-dream-candidate-cant-touch-rubio-in-florida-00038941
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Why a Dem dream candidate can't touch Rubio in Florida
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2022, 08:56:46 pm »
What issues do they have?

Stomp on the Right to defend yourself against criminals while advocating murdering innocent babies in the womb?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2022, 11:12:10 pm »
What issues do they have?

Her race.   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online libertybele

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2022, 11:52:05 pm »
Her race.

...and the DEM's ability to steal elections.  (DeSantis went through a recount and won by less than 1% and his opponent was proven to be a scumbag). 

Rubio has baggage and the Gang of Eight tattooed on his forehead.  Sorry, I just don't know if I can vote for the guy. Yes, he'd be better than Demmings, but, he still is a RINO.  In order for conservatism to proceed we must get rid of the RINO's; otherwise, we're going to be going through the same revolving door.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2022, 02:56:15 am »
Rubio is relatively safe in 2022.  Demings would have to run up enormous margins in the south --- not happening when Biden is in the 30s with hispanics.  All of the statewide races are tilted against the dems, and they are likely to lose four congressmen.

DeSantis has a competitive race, but Trump was unpopular in 2018, and the dems spent a lot of money defending Bill Nelson. 

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2022, 12:27:26 pm »
...and the DEM's ability to steal elections.  (DeSantis went through a recount and won by less than 1% and his opponent was proven to be a scumbag). 

Rubio has baggage and the Gang of Eight tattooed on his forehead.  Sorry, I just don't know if I can vote for the guy. Yes, he'd be better than Demmings, but, he still is a RINO.  In order for conservatism to proceed we must get rid of the RINO's; otherwise, we're going to be going through the same revolving door.
Floridians need to always keep an eye open on Marco.

He has already exposed his true colors and can never be unconditionally trusted for anything.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online libertybele

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2022, 01:05:24 am »
Floridians need to always keep an eye open on Marco.

He has already exposed his true colors and can never be unconditionally trusted for anything.

And that is exactly why I can't vote for him. He sided with the wrong team long ago.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2022, 04:17:29 pm »
I'm less than convinced Demmings is a "dream candidate" even ignoring Bidenflation and other LIEden F-ups. From a Dem/Lib POV, her time as Orlando PD's chief has her on BLM-types' (and probably Antifoids') @#$% list. OTOH, her pro-abortion, pro-OhBummer!Care, and compromising on 2A rights probably don't go over well with less Prog/Lib people.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.