Author Topic: Australia’s Climate Policies Are Fueling A Perfect Economic Storm  (Read 274 times)

rebewranger

Australia’s Climate Policies Are Fueling A Perfect Economic Storm

WRITTEN BY JOHN ANDRIANO ON JUN 10, 2022. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

Successive Australian governments are directing our economy into the eye of a perfect storm. It should be avoidable, but due to their failure to consider fundamental economic principles, it has become inevitable.

Australia entered the Covid pandemic period in early 2020 well placed economically. … [bold, links added]

In order to prevent a revolt, the federal government provided massive stimulus packages to businesses and the population at large.

In doing so, it borrowed enormous sums of money on top of an already existing budget deficit. In addition, the federal government spent more money on double vaccines for every individual, on Covid testing, and on booster shots.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/australia-climate-policies-fueling-perfect-economic-storm/
« Last Edit: June 12, 2022, 04:18:10 pm by rangerrebew »

Online Kamaji

Re: Australia’s Climate Policies Are Fueling A Perfect Economic Storm
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2022, 04:18:39 pm »
Another western liberal government proving (as if more proof was needed) that modern monetary theory type spending doesn't work.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2022, 10:39:44 pm »
Another western liberal government proving (as if more proof was needed) that modern monetary theory type spending doesn't work.

And, no, it isn't failing because "the right people aren't in charge."
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2022, 02:23:36 am »
I speculate the Chinese have been subversive to destroy this country's economy in order to ultimately make the country a vassal of of China.  Australia has the resources China needs to move up to the next level of economic strength and world power.

I think Clancy had it wrong when his book showed China looking north to a country with a relatively strong military, as they may be looking south instead to a country with a weak military that believes the ocean can protect them.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2022, 02:03:47 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington