Author Topic: Michigan Police Will Not Respond To Every 911 Call Due To High Gas Prices  (Read 663 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Michigan Police Will Not Respond To Every 911 Call Due To High Gas Prices

by anthony

The ongoing surge in gas prices could now even put communities in danger. New reports have revealed Isabella County Police Department in Michigan has advised officers to handle all non-urgent calls by telephone due to the fact of the rising gas prices.

According to County Administrator Nicole Frost, the Isabella County Police Department has already used 96% of the Sheriff’s Office’s fuel budget.

Isabella County Sheriff Michael Main reportedly told the New York Post

“We have exhausted what funds were budgeted for fuel with several months to go before the budget reset,” the sheriff wrote Tuesday as the state-wide average rose above $5.20 a gallon.

“I have instructed the deputies to attempt to manage whatever calls are acceptable over the phone,” he said, detailing how they would be calls that were non-life-threatening or not currently in progress.

“I want to assure the community that safety is our primary goal,” he insisted, stressing that his officers would still be sent out to “any call that is in progress with active suspects.”

more
https://trendingpolitics.com/michigan-police-will-not-respond-to-every-911-call-due-to-high-gas-prices-tonii/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online LMAO

This is probably going to spread in the coming months and years

Well, the Democratic Party found another way to defund the police
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
This isn't new at all.  Police have not been coming to people's homes for 911 calls like burglary and vandalism for years in many places.  They just take reports over the phone.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
911: Hello this is 911 what is your emergency?

Caller: Help, someone is trying to break into my home.

911: Immediate dispatch of an offer requires a fuel surcharge deposit, please understand this is only a deposit and fuel charges may be higher. Do you still want an officer to respond?

Caller: Oh my God their almost through the door, yes send someone, please hurry!

911: Alright I will need a credit card and valid ID.....

Caller: F'k it, I'll just shoot the SOB!

911: An officer is being dispatched immediately to investigate your terrorist threat of bodily harm to a member of the protected criminal class. To avoid bodily harm to yourself please take a prone position on the floor until the officer arrives to arrest you. Thank you for calling 911, we are here for your protection.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2022, 06:10:23 pm by GtHawk »

Offline dfwgator

911 is a joke.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
911 is a joke.

It's not a total waste.  The prosecutors get a chance to review the calls, so they can charge a crime victim of another crime.

No Miranda warning but they still get to use your words against you, and they get to excuse the original crime because you said something construed to be Rayciss.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
This isn't new at all.  Police have not been coming to people's homes for 911 calls like burglary and vandalism for years in many places.  They just take reports over the phone.
When weed was legalized in Denver, they stopped responding to petit theft and vandalism calls. Not long after that, the reduced number of police reports for petit theft and vandalism were used to show that legalized weed had not caused an increase in crime.

It's all a numbers game.

If I need police, and the situation is dire, I will call them and fill out the appropriate paperwork, after I have done what needs to be done to keep me and my family safe.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

Wait till it spreads to fire and ambulance services. Sorry, no fuel today - get sick tomorrow.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Just returned from MI today.  They seem to be okay with writing revenue tickets. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.