Author Topic: David Hogg: Putting More Cops in Schools May Endanger Non-White Students  (Read 241 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Breitbart by AWR Hawkins 11 Jun 2022

While speaking at the June 11 March for Our Lives rally, gun control proponent David Hogg suggested that putting more cops in schools may actually endanger students do not have white skin.

Hogg suggested that a common response to school shootings is to put more police in schools.

He then claimed, “Putting more cops in schools hasn’t worked.” He cited two examples to bolster his viewpoint: First he pointed to the armed officer who stood outside Parkland instead of entering, even as the attack was carried out. Then he made claims about the police response to Uvalde.

More: https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/06/11/david-hogg-putting-more-cops-schools-may-endanger-non-white-students/

Offline Kamaji

And he apparently missed the latest item of a school resource officer who prevented a nogoodnick from getting into a school.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
So he points out cops who were not in the schools and failed to stop a shooter as the reason cops IN the school won't work.

**nononono*
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

So he points out cops who were not in the schools and failed to stop a shooter as the reason cops IN the school won't work.

**nononono*

Logic never was a liberal's strong suit.

Offline goatprairie

Liberals are fixated on the AR-15 as the most evil gun in the world ignoring the fact that rifles are used in only two or three percent of all homicides and mass shooting.
The semi-automatic nine millimeter is the weapon of choice in most mass shootings/homicides.
Liberals really believe that if just the AR-15 is eliminated, lunatics will not use other guns or methods.
Libs on some forums have actually argued with me that a lunatic with a pump shotgun could not kill many small children. They wouldn't have been hurt as much.
That is the level of ignorance for these people.
The shooter at VTech killed over 30 adult students with a handgun.
Little children have no chance against an adult lunatic with a gun of any type.
But of course, the ultimate goal of the anti-gun people is to repeal the second amendment and take away all guns from private citizens.
The better to control the populace.

Offline goatprairie

To get more to Hogg's contention, he would rather leave children defenseless against an armed lunatic than try to have some way to defend against a lunatic?
Trained people with guns have stopped a number of shooters intent on killing many people at schools or church gatherings.
Teachers don't necessarily have to carry in the classroom. Every room could have a firearm in a locked container accessible only by the teacher or school admin member who would have the code. If a lunatic breaks into a school, an alarm could sound, and teachers could access the firearm after locking the door to their classroom.
Would you rather be in a room like that or one where there is no firearm? I'll bet Hogg would rather be in one with a firearm accessible by the teacher than totally defenseless against a crazed shooter.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Hogg is a moron.  These people that attend ivy league schools and emerge brainless has become the standard for me.  Perfect example is the current moron we have as Secretary of Treasury, with her, no idea what to do with inflation. 

Back to Hogg, the two cases he cites are cases where the armed guard did NOT do their job.  They failed.  But because they failed, that does not mean that placing armed guards at schools is wrong.  And I do not want to hear the race nonsense of a liberal mindless puke like Hogg.  Idiocy, plain and simple.  How many children of color will have their lives protected from murderous *ssholes bent on genocide or even bullying or other types of aggression that do not entail shooting someone.

I remember my high school days vividly.  I remember one hulk of a guy that would plow into a much smaller student, knocking them on their butt and walking on like nothing happened.  That puke for some reason picked me out one day and intentionally plowed into me.  I let it slide, I was in a hurry to get to class.  But as his normal, he plowed into me a 2nd time.
 I grabbed him from behind and with all my strength threw him head first into the lockers.  When he got back erect, I said to him, ever touch me again, I will kill you.  He retorted, just wait until  me and my friends beat the sh*t out of you in the bathroom.  I repeated my comment, more sinister.  Perhaps you did not hear me, touch me again, I will kill you.  Bottomline, he never came near me.

And I have gone through life pretty much with the same mindset, if someone is going to attack me physically, they better be prepared to die, for I will defend myself.  I will not be a victim.

I have only been in one fight beyond my childhood.  Two guys jumped me and told me they were going to kick the sh*t out of me.  They squared off on me, I could not cut and run, so  I prepared myself for a fist fight.  I gave the first kid a round house that came round and caught him in the temple hard.  He dropped like a rock, I knocked him out.  The other kid, I got down on the ground and was pounding him to China and two adults came along and pulled me off him.  Never had trouble with them again either.

We are decades late making the determination to protect our children.  For anyone that has been to a court house, there are armed men all over the damn place, protecting some of the worst of our society(my humble opinion.  I have zero respect for attorneys.  Whores one and all).  If we can protect judges and attorneys out the wazoo, I think we can protect our children.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2022, 10:28:05 am by jafo2010 »