Author Topic: Rep. Reschenthaler: Democrats Know ‘Virtually Nothing’ About Firearms They Wish to Ban  (Read 175 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Breitbart by Joshua Klein10 Jun 2022

Democrats know “virtually nothing” about the firearms they seek to ban, according to Pennsylvania Republican Rep. Guy Reschenthaler, who called out House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerry Nadler for his ignorance on the subject earlier this week.

On Tuesday, during a House Rules Committee hearing on Democrat-led legislation to restrict law-abiding citizens’ Second Amendment rights, Rep. Guy Reschenthaler (R-PA) asked Nadler what the “AR” in AR-15 stands for.

“Just for the record, any commercial firearm purchase requires a background check, that’s the current state of the law,” Reschenthaler stated. “So with that being said, Chairman Nadler, I don’t want to put you on the spot, but do you know what the ‘AR’ in ‘AR-15’ stands for?”

“It stands for ‘assault rifle,’” the New York congressman replied.

“So that’s not [correct],” Reschenthaler said, calling on Kentucky Republican Rep. Thomas Massie to answer instead, to which the latter correctly responded, “ArmaLite, the original manufacturer.”

Recalling his service in the Navy, Reschenthaler explained how the AR platform differed from that of the M-16.

More: https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/06/10/eexclusive-rep-reschenthaler-democrats-know-virtually-nothing-about-firearms-they-wish-to-ban/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVroOa_SZ0Q&t=96s

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
We have known the people who claim to want to ban OUR firearms don't know much about them.

But these are people who do not broker in facts, rather they rely on emotions and the whole "scary gun thing".

The riots of the past few years have made it evident to me that homeowners and for that matter, anyone who might be interested in defending not only themselves and their families and homes from destruction, but their neighborhoods as well, would be well off to have the very sorts of weapons the gun-grabbers seek to ban, should it become necessary.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2022, 07:01:28 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis