Author Topic: DeSantis Clashes With Abbott, Says Texas Should Send Illegals Back Across Border  (Read 899 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Texas Scorecard by Brandon Waltens June 10, 2022

“They let them come across and then you give them to the feds, and the feds just release them anyways.”

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis is calling out Texas Gov. Greg Abbott for refusing to send illegal aliens back to Mexico, in the wake of heightened illegal crossings on Texas’ southern border.

“They let them come across and then you give them to the feds, and the feds just release them anyways,” DeSantis said, according to a report from Florida Politics. “What they need to do, Texas, is Texas should just send them back across the border.”

“Who cares what the feds are saying? They’re not doing their job,” DeSantis added. “Or not let them come across the border to begin with, because they go right across the river. They just walk right across. No one’s stopping [them]. Some pushback, I think, would be good. And I would send people to help with that.”

Abbott instituted Operation Lone Star last year as a means of combating the out-of-control illegal border crossings. However, OLS has been widely criticized as “political theater” mired with political, legal, and logistical problems.

More: https://texasscorecard.com/state/desantis-clashes-with-abbott-says-texas-should-send-illegals-back-across-border/

Online libertybele

DeSantis has a point.  Also, can't Abbott call up the TX national guard?? 

Sorry folks, but at this point about the only thing that is going to work is a warning shot fired upon those coming across.  Then there's the issue of the Mexican cartel which makes things even more complicated and dangerous.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Kamaji

I don't think Texas could actually forcibly send illegals back over the border.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

I think you may be right about that.
The Republic is lost.

Offline PeteS in CA

Yeah, much as I'd appreciate a state government doing that, I'm pretty sure the Feds have authority over - I almost posted "control of", but wanted to be accurate - the border.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Kamaji:
"I don't think Texas could actually forcibly send illegals back over the border."

Until Texas (and perhaps Arizona as well) is willing to do exactly that, then you'd better be prepared for this:
The most prescient man of the 20th Century:

The book he wrote:

You don't need to read it.
Just read the synopsis here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Camp_of_the_Saints#Plot

Offline Kamaji

Yeah, much as I'd appreciate a state government doing that, I'm pretty sure the Feds have authority over - I almost posted "control of", but wanted to be accurate - the border.

:thumbsup:

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
The Kinney County Attorney wrote an op ed in June 2021 on the very subject under discussion.

https://www.thecentersquare.com/texas/op-ed-texas-as-a-sovereign-state-has-the-right-to-defend-its-own-borders/article_7e5999da-d2da-11eb-96e9-bb2b27184489.html

The state of Texas, as a sovereign political entity, has the inherent authority to enforce its own borders and protect its citizens. Article IV, Section 4 of the U.S. Constitution guarantees that the federal government shall protect each state of the Union against invasion. It is not voluntary. It is a constitutional mandate created to guarantee the protection of all the states in the Union. Anticipating that the federal government at some point may not follow the constitutional mandate, the framers added something else, another guarantee for the states. Under Article I, Section 10, Clause 3, the states reserved their sovereign authority to act in the protection of their citizens when threatened by “invasion or imminent harm.”

Of course logic and the Constitution has never meant a damn thing to democrats.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Texas Scorecard by Brandon Waltens June 10, 2022

“Who cares what the feds are saying? They’re not doing their job,” DeSantis added.
To me, that is most salient point spoken by DeSantis.

I do not blame the feds nearly as much for illegals as I blame Texas politicians.  They are in their jobs to protect Texans and they are not doing it.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington