Author Topic: Biden: Zelensky didn’t want to hear US info on warnings of Russian invasion  (Read 488 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Biden: Zelensky didn’t want to hear US info on warnings of Russian invasion
By Associated Press   
June 11, 2022 6:15am

President Joe Biden, speaking to donors at a Democratic fundraiser here, said Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky “didn’t want to hear it” when U.S. intelligence gathered information that Russia was preparing to invade.

The remarks came as Biden was talking about his work to rally and solidify support for Ukraine as the war continues into its fourth month.

“Nothing like this has happened since World War II. I know a lot of people thought I was maybe exaggerating. But I knew we had data to sustain he” — meaning Russian President Vladimir Putin — “was going to go in, off the border.”

“There was no doubt,” Biden said. “And Zelensky didn’t want to hear it.”

Although Zelensky has inspired people with his leadership during the war, his preparation for the invasion — or lack thereof — has remained a controversial issue.

In the weeks before the war began on Feb. 24, Zelensky publicly bristled as Biden administration officials repeatedly warned that a Russian invasion was highly likely.

At the time, Zelensky was also concerned on the time that the drumbeat of war was unsettling Ukraine’s fragile economy.

https://nypost.com/2022/06/11/live-updates-bidenvolodymyr-zelensky-didnt-want-to-hear-us-info/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Pedo Joe's dissing St. Volodmyr the Patron Saint of Grift?

The MSM isn't going to be liking that.......   :cool:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
It was just a minor incursion...right!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
'A lot of people thought I was exaggerating:' Biden touts being right and Zelensky being wrong about Putin's plans to invade Ukraine at high-dollar LA fundraiser co-hosted by producer Jeffrey Katzenberg

President Joe Biden touted being right about Russian President Vladimir Putin 's plans to invade Ukraine at an LA fundraiser co-hosted by Jeffrey Katzenberg
    'I know a lot of people thought I was exaggerating,' the president told the group. 'And there was no doubt and Zelensky didn't want to hear it nor did a lot of people'
    In January, Zelensky said in the run-up to the invasion that warnings of an imminent invasion was 'panic'
    Biden was headlining two high-dollar LA fundraisers Friday night after spending three days at the Summit of the Americas

By Nikki Schwab, Senior U.S. Political Reporter For Dailymail.com In Los Angeles, California

Published: 21:27 EDT, 10 June 2022 | Updated: 23:39 EDT, 10 June 2022

President Joe Biden touted being right about Russian President Vladimir Putin's plans to invade Ukraine at a high-dollar fundraiser co-hosted by producer Jeffrey Katzenberg in Los Angeles Friday night.

'I know a lot of people thought I was exaggerating,' the president told the group. 'But I knew we had data to sustain. He was gonna go into the border. And there was no doubt and Zelensky didn't want to hear it nor did a lot of people.'

In January, Zelensky said in the run-up to the invasion that warnings of an imminent invasion was 'panic.'

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10905951/Biden-touts-right-Putins-plans-invade-Ukraine-high-dollar-LA-fundraiser.html
Support the USO

Offline mountaineer

Looks like Joe Biden is just a puppet of Vlad Putin.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
'A lot of people thought I was exaggerating:' Biden touts being right and Zelensky being wrong about Putin's plans to invade Ukraine at high-dollar LA fundraiser co-hosted by producer Jeffrey Katzenberg

Pretty ballsy statement touting that , after he was SO-Right on the Afghanistan exit debacle.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mountaineer

'A lot of people thought I was exaggerating'
Honest, Joe, Prezzy Z would have taken you seriously if you'd prefaced every statement with, "No joke, folks," leaned forward and whispered ominously, "Putin's gonna invade. He's gonna invade."
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Hoodat

President Joe Biden, speaking to donors at a Democratic fundraiser here, said Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky “didn’t want to hear it” when U.S. intelligence gathered information that Russia was preparing to invade.

Such bullshit.  Looking at the result so far, it looks like Ukraine conducted a great deal of preparation, from the deployment of troops, blowing bridges, and flooding the countryside around Kiev.  Biden was of the opinion that Ukraine would fall in a matter of days back in February.  He was wrong, just as he has been wrong about every foreign  policy decision of his entire political career.

If Biden had been on top of his game, half of the entire invasion force would be a 40-mile long road carcass.  But Biden did nothing while Ukraine was fighting for its life.  It would take well over a month for Biden to begin sending weapons support.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Published: 21:27 EDT, 10 June 2022 | Updated: 23:39 EDT

This is actually true.  I remember (and there are articles out there) when Zelensky replied to Biden's warning that he (Zelensky) was on the ground and had better information, so Biden was wrong.  I also remember wondering at the time what it means for the US that a two bit hotbed of corruption can bitch-slap the POTUS in public.......

Offline Hoodat

Just a reminder of Joe Biden's preparedness when Putin launched his invasion:

Biden heads to Delaware as war rages in Ukraine

Meanwhile in Ukraine:

Battle of Antonov Airport

The Battle of Antonov Airport, also known as the Battle of Hostomel Airport, was a military engagement which occurred at the Antonov Airport in Hostomel, Kyiv Oblast during the Kyiv offensive of the 2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine.

On 24 February 2022, a few hours after President of Russia Vladimir Putin announced the beginning of a "Special military operation" in Ukraine, Russian troops of the Russian Airborne Forces (VDV) made an air assault on Antonov Airport with the objective of capturing it. The airport held strategic value as it was located less than 10 kilometres (6.2 mi) outside of the capital Kyiv, which would allow Russian troops to airlift more troops and heavier equipment to directly threaten the city.[5] However, the Ukrainian military responded with a counter-attack which encircled the unsupported Russian forces and repelled the initial attack.[12] The attack resumed on the next day with another air assault by the VDV combined with a ground assault by armored reinforcements coming from the Belarusian border, breaking through the Ukrainian defenses. The airport was then captured by the Russian forces.[12] Despite this, the unexpected Ukrainian resistance foiled the plans of a quick capitulation of Kyiv,[6] and the airport was too damaged to be used as a functional airstrip.[13]

The Antonov An-225 Mriya, the world's largest airplane, was destroyed in its hangar during the battle.  .  .  .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Antonov_Airport
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Honest, Joe, Prezzy Z would have taken you seriously if you'd prefaced every statement with, "No joke, folks," leaned forward and whispered ominously, "Putin's gonna invade. He's gonna invade."
Joe's the little boy who cried wolf and chicken little all rolled into one, even if he was right and I don't believe what he was selling at the time was he gave Putin the OK with his minor incursion crap. Why would anyone believe the old fool, we new for decades he was a lying liar who lived in fantasy land and after two years of incompetence so do a whole lot of democrats that voted for him.

Offline PeteS in CA

LIEden sez wut?

If Ukraine was caught unprepared, why didn't the second or third most powerful military in the world overrun the whole country in 2 or 3 weeks?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Ukrainian officials push back on Biden claim that Zelensky ‘didn’t want to hear’ invasion warnings
by Chloe Folmar - 06/11/22 5:00 PM ET

Ukrainian officials on Saturday pushed back against President Biden’s claim that Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky brushed off U.S. warnings of an impending Russian invasion before the start of the Russia-Ukraine war.

Responding to Biden’s comment during a Democratic fundraiser Friday evening that Zelensky “didn’t want to hear” warnings from the U.S., a spokesman for the Ukrainian president said that “the phrase ‘did not want to hear’ probably needs clarification.”

Spokesman Sergei Nikiforov told Ukrainian news outlet LIGA.net that the two leaders spoke over the phone “three or four” times leading up to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine in late February, saying that Biden and Zelensky exchanged “detailed” assessments of the relationship between Ukraine and Russia.

“In addition, if you remember, the President of Ukraine called on partners to impose a package of preventive sanctions to encourage Russia to withdraw troops and de-escalate the situation. And here we can say that our partners ‘did not want to hear us,’” said Nikiforov.

Ukrainian presidential adviser Mykhailo Podoliak corroborated Nikiforov’s claims that Zelensky was consistently presented with complicated evidence regarding Russia’s intentions and criticized Biden for putting “blame” on Ukraine over the situation.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/international/3520116-ukrainian-officials-push-back-on-biden-claim-that-zelensky-didnt-want-to-hear-invasion-warnings/
Support the USO

Offline rustynail

They done with the Z man?

Offline PeteS in CA

One of my favorite jokes (as my kids could confirm) is to use my two index fingers to point in opposite directions and say, "He did it." That's what LIEden does, point to anybody and everybody else and say, "(S)He did it!" LIEden's desks have signs saying, "Ain't no bucks here!"
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.