Author Topic: Major American Retailers Stop Selling Glue Traps for Rodents  (Read 867 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Legal Insurrection by Leslie Eastman Saturday, June 11, 2022

Not part of the animal justice narrative: A review of rat-borne diseases, new and old, that can impact humans.

I  have written several posts on rodent-borne diseases that are hitting the areas around homeless camps in the Southern California area.

For example, a typhus pandemic hit Pasadena. There was a significant rodent problem at the Los Angeles City Hall.

And while California has its problems, it must be noted Boston reported a case of rat-caused leptospirosis in a human last year.

Disturbingly, despite the increased need for more effective rodenticides, major American retailers have stopped selling glue traps at the behest of animal rights activists.

Target and Dollar Tree have quietly stopped selling glue traps for rodents, which animal-rights activists have long condemned as unnecessarily cruel, The Post has learned.

The two mega-retailers, which together operate more than 17,000 stores across the US, are following other major retailers in dropping the traps. Those include the CVS, Rite Aid and Duane Reade drugstore chains as well as discount retailer Big Lots, according to People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.

Hundreds of smaller retailers, including independent stores and mid-size chains, as well as shops at more than 100 airports also have dropped glue traps over the years, according to PETA.

Target and Dollar Tree, which also owns Family Dollar, did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

More: https://legalinsurrection.com/2022/06/major-american-retailers-stop-selling-glue-traps-for-rodents/

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Major American Retailers Stop Selling Glue Traps for Rodents
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2022, 07:05:03 pm »
Gorilla tape, sticky side up. form a patch about 1 foot square and bait the middle.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2022, 07:06:15 pm »
:facepalm2:

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2022, 10:11:50 pm »
The Humane Society International (HSI) considers the traps inhumane, since rodents can suffer broken bones, torn skin, suffocation, dehydration, and starvation if caught in them.

1. Why should I give a @#$% about disease-carrying rats and mice?

2. It's not the fault of the trap if the human setting it doesn't check it periodically.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2022, 10:24:46 pm »
1. Why should I give a @#$% about disease-carrying rats and mice?

2. It's not the fault of the trap if the human setting it doesn't check it periodically.
They are right. Get a trap that will kill that critter outright to minimize its suffering, and re=set it for the next one when you check it. Dispose of the carcass properly.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2022, 10:35:08 pm »
Gorilla tape, sticky side up. form a patch about 1 foot square and bait the middle.

No need. Use real traps, and get cats.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2022, 10:35:43 pm »
They are right. Get a trap that will kill that critter outright to minimize its suffering, and re=set it for the next one when you check it. Dispose of the carcass properly.

YEP.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2022, 10:43:59 pm »
If the priority is to be humane, that is a way to do it.

In the case of Rats or hogs on my property, my priority is they die, regardless of the humane or inhumane methods.

Here's my dream hog hunt.

http://youtu.be/R1If0eXKQq8?t=4
« Last Edit: June 11, 2022, 10:52:25 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online libertybele

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2022, 11:13:41 pm »

Peanut butter on the rat traps and then re-use them.  Works well. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2022, 11:24:37 pm »
If the priority is to be humane, that is a way to do it.

In the case of Rats or hogs on my property, my priority is they die, regardless of the humane or inhumane methods.

Here's my dream hog hunt.

http://youtu.be/R1If0eXKQq8?t=4
Some good shooting -and flying there!

C S Lewis

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2022, 11:20:23 am »
Wild Hog Trapping | (9) 33/33 Feral Hog Capture | JAGER PRO™

This segment will properly demonstrate the capture of 33 feral hogs using the JAGER PRO M.I.N.E.™ Trapping System. To learn more about feral hog trapping systems, visit www.jagerpro.com. In this video, we discuss each step of our Capture Success Matrix in detail to reinforce 100 percent capture results. The next video in our series will continue to demonstrate feral hog behavior so viewers will better understand how to accomplish 100 percent captures for more effective hog control.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKy6yozXgSA

Offline dfwgator

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2022, 02:00:31 pm »
Wokeness is turning our country into a rodent diseased shithole.

I personally would love to destroy PETA as an organization.

(1) They are woke POS' that are hell bent on violently imposing their will on the rest of us.

(2) They dupe money from their stupid donors.  THIS money would be so so so much better spent at local Pet shelters.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2022, 02:29:11 pm »
Having cats for rodent control can work really well, but cats don't necessarily kill "humanely". Sadly, cats sometimes are prey for larger predators.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2022, 03:51:47 pm »
I live in an apartment with a small patio in back that has a washer dryer hookup, saves me a ton, the units are in a small shed and we noticed a rat was taking up residence. The shed is tight quarters so I slid in a couple glue traps and within two days caught the bastard, I'm not sure if I could have maneuvered a spring trap in it without repeatedly springing the trap and becoming highly agitated.

Thirty years ago the county used to give out hanging rat bait you could put in the trees to kill the rats but stopped because it was killing birds, also sometimes the rats would dies where pets could get them and die or get extremely sick. If PETA had their way we would be force to build these rodents homes and feed them.....just like the illegal aliens.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2022, 05:07:11 pm »
Having cats for rodent control can work really well, but cats don't necessarily kill "humanely". Sadly, cats sometimes are prey for larger predators.

We get the occasional Bob Cat at the Castillo.  The Yotes fear them, making them the apex predator in these parts.  Then a few miles away up in the Hualapai Mountains, mountain lions eat everything not nailed down.

There are no mice or rats around.  Closes thing we have are the Antelope Squirrels who are about the size of Chipmunks.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2022, 05:48:26 pm »
Hasbro can now corner the market.

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2022, 07:28:04 pm »
Why rats make good pets
Ugh. When my sister was studying in Vienna, Austria, she frequented a cheap local restaurant also patronized by a young woman whose pet rat sat on her shoulder the entire time she was dining. Yuck.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2022, 02:14:23 pm »
Wild Hog Trapping | (9) 33/33 Feral Hog Capture | JAGER PRO™

This segment will properly demonstrate the capture of 33 feral hogs using the JAGER PRO M.I.N.E.™ Trapping System. To learn more about feral hog trapping systems, visit www.jagerpro.com. In this video, we discuss each step of our Capture Success Matrix in detail to reinforce 100 percent capture results. The next video in our series will continue to demonstrate feral hog behavior so viewers will better understand how to accomplish 100 percent captures for more effective hog control.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKy6yozXgSA
I made up a trap just like that one except it is using a tripwire.

Like the narrator says, the key is to keep it open and stocked with food for several days so the hogs can enter and exit freely.  My camera I pull every day tells me when they are comfortable and when to set the trap.

Have trapped a dozen hogs multiple times and normally only one or two mature hogs are caught along with the smaller ones.

It is great practice with my handgun to finish them off running around the enclosure.  Not easy to hit a little pig running even though is only 15'-20' away from you.  Takes several clips.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington