Author Topic: Scorching-hot inflation wiped out most Americans' wage gains in May  (Read 321 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Scorching-hot inflation wiped out most Americans' wage gains in May

38 mins ago
Scorching-hot inflation wiped out most Americans' wage gains in May
Soaring consumer prices gave Americans a 3% wage cut in May

By Megan Henney FOXBusiness

The white-hot job market is fueling rapid wage growth for millions of Americans, but the worst inflation in four decades is quickly eroding those gains.

The Labor Department reported Friday that average hourly earnings for all employees actually declined 3% in May from the same month a year ago when factoring in the impact of rising consumer prices.

On a monthly basis, average hourly earnings dropped 0.6% last month, when accounting for the inflation spike.

By that measure, the typical U.S. worker is actually worse off today than a year ago, even though nominal wages are rising at the fastest pace in years.

more
https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/scorching-hot-inflation-wiped-out-most-americans-wage-gains-may

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Scorching-hot inflation wiped out most Americans' wage gains in May
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2022, 04:51:33 am »
What sucks about this is that my pay is static. So I am getting an ongoing pay cut thanks to the idiots in DC.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis