Author Topic: Biden says 'Putin's tax on both food and gas' is to blame for record-high inflation  (Read 262 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 19 mins ago
Biden says 'Putin's tax on both food and gas' is to blame for record-high inflation
Biden says fighting inflation is his 'top economic priority' as prices reach historic highs

By Brooke Singman FOXBusiness

President Biden said the United States "has never seen anything like Putin’s tax on both food and gas," after the Labor Department announced Friday that inflation hit a new four-decade high in May.

The Labor Department said Friday that the consumer price index, a broad measure of the price for everyday goods, including gasoline, groceries and rent, rose 8.6% in May from a year ago. Prices jumped 1% in the one-month period from April. Those figures were both higher than the 8.3% headline figure and 0.7% monthly gain forecast by Refinitiv economists.

It marks the fastest pace of inflation since December 1981.

The president, from the Port of Los Angeles Friday, said fighting inflation is his "top economic priority," while, again, casting blame on Russian President Vladimir Putin’s war in Ukraine for the surge in prices.

"Today I'd like to speak about my top economic priority, fighting inflation," Biden said. "I understand Americans are anxious and they're anxious."

"We’ve never seen anything like Putin’s tax on both food and gas," Biden said.

more
https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/biden-says-inflation-putins-tax-both-food-gas
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Bald-faced liar!

Offline libertybele

Joe, you ARE a lying dog-faced pony solider!!

FJB!!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mountaineer

Uh, Joe? This Putin guy ... not a member of the U.S. Congress. Never enacted a tax on Americans. And his idiotic war on Ukraine is not the cause of higher fuel and food prices - you are!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org