Author Topic: Iwo Jima CO took his 700-man crew for a ‘Top Gun: Maverick’ movie night, popcorn included  (Read 201 times)

rebewranger

Iwo Jima CO took his 700-man crew for a ‘Top Gun: Maverick’ movie night, popcorn included
By Geoff Ziezulewicz
 Jun 10, 05:00 PM

Ship life is hard, and ship life while said ship is in dry dock for maintenance in Norfolk is its own kind of suck, as anyone following the Navy in recent months has come to understand.

So a big Bravo Zulu to Capt. Judd Krier, skipper of the amphibious assault ship Iwo Jima, who took his massive crew of 700 sailors — minus the duty section, of course — to see “Top Gun: Maverick” at a local theater late last month.

The Daily Press first reported this act of good CO’ing, wherein Krier even sprang for the sailors’ drinks and popcorn.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-navy/2022/06/10/iwo-jima-co-took-his-700-man-crew-for-a-top-gun-maverick-movie-night-popcorn-included/

rebewranger

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
 :pondering: I wonder how long before his 'superiors' reprimand him? I haven't seen the movie but I understand it's supposed be very masculine, and pro military and America. That's just not the direction the communists in charge want to go.