Author Topic: The Threat Against Kavanaugh Sadly Isn't Surprising.. Jonathan Turley  (Read 199 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Arrest outside Justice Kavanaugh's home is shocking. But, sadly, not surprising.

Police said the man was carrying a pack containing a handgun, a tactical knife, pepper spray, zip ties, a hammer and a crow bar.

Jonathan Turley

The arrest of a man near of the home of Justice Brett Kavanaugh early Wednesday is a chilling escalation in our age of rage.

Police said the man, identified in court records as Nicholas John Roske of California, had a pack carrying a Glock pistol, a tactical knife, pepper spray, zip ties, a hammer and a crow bar.

Roske, according to news reports, was angry that the Supreme Court may overturn Roe v. Wade this month. He faces charges of attempting to kidnap, murder or threaten a federal judge. (This incident came after a judge was recently zip tied and killed in his Wisconsin home; a former defendant in the judge's courtroom has been charged.)

Rhetoric raises heat against the court

Politicians and commentators rushed to condemn the threat. Few of them, however, are willing to admit that it was both shocking but not surprising. For months, critics of the Supreme Court have ratcheted up the rhetoric against Kavanaugh and his colleagues, including calls for protesters to be more aggressive outside the justices' homes.

Politicians and pundits have raced to the bottom by discarding any sense of restraint or responsibility in denouncing the court's conservative majority over a leaked draft of an opinion, written by Justice Samuel Alito, that made the case for overturning Roe.

more
https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2022/06/09/threat-against-justice-kavanaugh-sobering/7557278001/

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Turley, FTA:

While I do not believe that these politicians would ever countenance violence, they have spent months attacking the legitimacy of the nation's highest court because they disagree with the justices' rulings.

I beg to differ.  Democrats, especially the Congressional Black Caucus, have done nothing but demand violence be perpetrated on conservatives.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Kamaji

Turley, FTA:

I beg to differ.  Democrats, especially the Congressional Black Caucus, have done nothing but demand violence be perpetrated on conservatives.

Agreed.  Not only would they countenance it, Biden is encouraging it.