Author Topic: Trump or DeSantis?  (Read 1504 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump or DeSantis?
« on: June 09, 2022, 02:46:39 pm »
Trump or DeSantis?
By David Solway Jun 08, 2022 7:02 PM ET

Speculation is rife concerning the possible presidential candidates representing the two major parties as the nation approaches the 2024 elections. Everyone has an opinion, and the pundits are competing in the expertise sweepstakes. What can we say with some degree of plausibility?

The Democrat roster is, by all accounts, dramatically uninspiring. Biden, who speaks in tongues, is plainly beyond redeeming; the question is whether he will manage to survive the year, let alone stumble, lollop, and whiffle to the end of his first term. Kamala Harris belongs in vaudeville or farce, given her talent for provoking laughter. Both will have to be retired in favor of an electable candidate. But who?

Pete Buttigieg is a perpetual embarrassment, in effect a political pothole. Elizabeth Warren is a professional liar and fraud, as everybody knows. Hillary is an overdone political brisket. Gavin Newsom has destroyed his state, an enviable record for a leftie, but California, despite the hype, is not America. Bernie Sanders is a geriatric commie with three tony residences, a typical dacha commissar whose appeal is mainly to the badly educated young. Michelle Obama would be a celebrity candidate; the thing is, most Americans are not celebrities, and Camelot has lost its luster. As they say, there is no there there.

more
https://pjmedia.com/columns/david-solway-2/2022/06/08/trump-or-desantis-n1604244
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline corbe

Re: Trump or DeSantis?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2022, 02:53:08 pm »
   I would actually vote for DeSantis.  Trump should ride off into the sunset and enjoy the rest of his life.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2022, 02:54:14 pm »
My top 3 at this point....

1. DeSantis
2. Cotton
3. Trump

The only GOP candidates which would force me to vote 3rd party are Nikki Haley, Romney, Cheney, or other one of obvious assorted RINOs

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline corbe

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2022, 03:06:49 pm »
   With Trump's recent endorsement of Oz it should be apparent his BS Detector is still broken.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2022, 03:26:31 pm »
If Trump wants to run, he has my vote.  He's more than earned it
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2022, 03:32:51 pm »
DeSantis is proving very promising, but so was Rubio.  And Pence.

I want more observations of his behavior, as he has not held his office very long.

At the same time, we have seen what the Donald does, and his conservative actions speak volumes.

I'd keep the ticket Trump/DeSantis
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2022, 10:34:46 pm »
Everyone knows who the nominee is going to be.
Everyone...

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2022, 10:43:06 pm »
If Trump wins the nomination, I will vote for him.

But I will vote for DeSantis in the primary.
Let it burn.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2022, 10:53:15 pm »
DeSantis just the other day left the question unanswered if he is running for President.  So far, I don't think he has his eye on the presidency and is focused on retaining his governorship.  Frankly, I like him right where he's at.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2022, 10:55:03 pm »
Lot's of people are assuming that Trump is going to run in '24 and he'll receive the nomination.  Again, due to his age, he may decide otherwise, or 'age'  may decide for him.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2022, 10:57:10 pm »
   I would actually vote for DeSantis.  Trump should ride off into the sunset and enjoy the rest of his life.

I have not really gone looking yet, but I think I can vote for DeSantis too.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2022, 11:02:25 pm »
DeSantis is proving very promising, but so was Rubio.  And Pence.

I want more observations of his behavior, as he has not held his office very long.

At the same time, we have seen what the Donald does, and his conservative actions speak volumes.

I'd keep the ticket Trump/DeSantis

There's a couple of things that DeSantis has done that I have questioned, but so far his positive accomplishments have far exceeded the few negatives.  He recently just vetoed some 'spending' bills here in FL and that indicates to me that he is a fiscal conservative.

I'm leaning DeSantis more and more, but honestly, as a country we need to hang on to all the conservative governors that we can.

Offline corbe

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2022, 11:20:53 pm »
   I agree with your Logic @libertybele and I hate to rob my Florida Brothers and Sisters of their Best Governor in a long time BUT the Nation calls and he fits the bill, so far. 
   All of Trumps positives without most of the baggage, it's a win~win.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2022, 11:21:26 pm »

1. DeSantis
2. Cotton
3. Trump

1.  DeSantis
2.  @roamer_1
3.  Anyone who runs a check cashing place.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline corbe

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2022, 11:30:38 pm »
    NO, not @roamer_1 They'd be no reason to bug~out up there if he wasn't there.  Who would teach us survival skills?  Some of us would be bear poop in no time.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2022, 12:10:08 am »

1. DeSantis
2. Cotton
3. Trump

The only GOP candidates which would force me to vote 3rd party are Nikki Haley, Romney, Cheney, or other one of obvious assorted RINOs

As for Cotton:

For what it's worth, here is his "Liberty Score".

https://libertyscore.conservativereview.com/tom-cotton

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2022, 12:10:45 am »
Roamer can stay put.  When Congress passes a spending bill, they will have to appoint someone to deliver the bill to him for his signature.  And the that person becomes bear poop.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2022, 01:28:24 am »
1.  DeSantis
2.  @roamer_1
3.  Anyone who runs a check cashing place.

:silly: :seeya:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2022, 01:31:34 am »
    NO, not @roamer_1 They'd be no reason to bug~out up there if he wasn't there.  Who would teach us survival skills?  Some of us would be bear poop in no time.

Roamer can stay put.  When Congress passes a spending bill, they will have to appoint someone to deliver the bill to him for his signature.  And the that person becomes bear poop.

Yeah... See how bad they want the money when they gotta crawl to the top of the mountain to get it...
Suits me fine. After I tell em 'Hell No' a few times, they'll just quit comin round...

:beer:

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2022, 01:33:04 am »
Should I throw Cruz into the mix just to stir the pot?  He's still in my books one of the best conservatives to run!

« Last Edit: June 10, 2022, 01:40:53 am by libertybele »

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2022, 01:34:23 am »
DeSantis will be a solid governor, and should be a strong candidate in 2028, assuming President Newsom has not created 5 new states.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2022, 01:34:26 am »
Yeah... See how bad they want the money when they gotta crawl to the top of the mountain to get it...
Suits me fine. After I tell em 'Hell No' a few times, they'll just quit comin round...

:beer:

:silly:

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2022, 02:48:22 am »

I'm with you on this.  Even my wife, who still reads the New York Times for news, not just recipes, says she'd vote for DeSantis.  If Trump runs again, she'll vote for the 'Rat, whoever they put up.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2022, 04:17:41 am »
Should I throw Cruz into the mix just to stir the pot?  He's still in my books one of the best conservatives to run!

Ted's comments around calling J6 Tresspassers terrorist killed any future he has in my eyes.  And I was maybe his biggest supporter here in '16.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.