Author Topic: BREAKING: House votes to set minimum age of 21 for buying semi-automatic weapons in response to Buff  (Read 949 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Breaking911
@Breaking911
·
1h
BREAKING: House votes to set minimum age of 21 for buying semi-automatic weapons in response to Buffalo, Uvalde shootings - AP
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Right_in_Virginia

Greg Price
greg_price11

BREAKING: 10 Republicans just voted with Democrats to increase the minimum age for buying semi-automatic weapons to 21.

Fitzpatrick-PA
Gonzalez-OH
Jacobs-NY
Katko-NY
Kinzinger-IL
Malliotakis-NY
Salazar-FL
Smith-NJ
Turner-OH
Upton-MI

6:20 PM · Jun 8, 2022·Twitter Web App

Online Right_in_Virginia

Also apply age 21 to voting, gender reassignment procedures and the military ---- and I could get on board with this.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Also apply age 21 to voting, gender reassignment procedures and the military ---- and I could get on board with this.

:yowsa:
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
21 wouldn't work for the military.  Too many HS graduates go straight into the military. When my oldest son graduated, he and 4 others on his wrestling team all joined the Navy. If they had to wait until 21 many wouldn't join up.

Online Right_in_Virginia

MTG:  "I know firsthand how it feels to be trapped in a classroom with an armed madman on the loose.  If we really want to be serious about protecting our kids in America, we’ll repeal gun-free school zones and we’ll pass legislation to protect children with good guys with guns" (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/RepMTG/status/1534642558210547713

Online Right_in_Virginia

"Tyrants disarm the people they intend to oppress!" @RepChipRoy just put on a master-class in defending the Second Amendment.🔥🔥🔥"  (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/townhallcom/status/1534646832390975488

Online Right_in_Virginia

MASSIE: "You know the Democrats today say they don't want to take ur guns away. Well then why does the legislation do just that? What they should say today is we don't want to take away all of the guns away from all of the ppl just yet because we know we can't get away w/ that." (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/ColumbiaBugle/status/1534649219025453061

Online Right_in_Virginia

.@RepMattGaetz  Closes With An Important Message For Senate Republicans  (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/ColumbiaBugle/status/1534650473344602114

Offline Killer Clouds

Kalifornia tried this garbage and it's been overturned by the 9th circus court as unconstitutional. If it is signed into law it needs to be challenged.

Online rustynail

Online The_Reader_David

Almost:  I'd extend franchise to 18 to 21 year-olds serving in the military, with it being stripped from them until reaching 21 if they are other-than-honorably discharged, with a court being allowed to extend their franchise in cases of medical discharge in cases where the medical condition was a result of their service.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
RinVa declared:
"Also apply age 21 to voting, gender reassignment procedures and the military ---- and I could get on board with this."

I would agree with you. But only if all the conditions you put forth above are met.

For others who disagree about the "age 21" rule, let's be intellectually honest here.

This WOULD have prevented the Uvalde shooter from buying his weapons.
Wouldn't it be the same for the Buffalo shooter? I don't think he was 21, either.

But again:
21 to buy a gun?
Then 21 to vote, as well.

Otherwise... no deal.

Offline Killer Clouds

RinVa declared:
"Also apply age 21 to voting, gender reassignment procedures and the military ---- and I could get on board with this."

I would agree with you. But only if all the conditions you put forth above are met.

For others who disagree about the "age 21" rule, let's be intellectually honest here.

This WOULD have prevented the Uvalde shooter from buying his weapons.
Wouldn't it be the same for the Buffalo shooter? I don't think he was 21, either.

But again:
21 to buy a gun?
Then 21 to vote, as well.

Otherwise... no deal.
It's only speculation at best to say he wouldn't have got a weapon. There are many crimes that happen everyday where people use illegally purchased firearms.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Yeah, put it all up there with beer and cigarettes...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
It's only speculation at best to say he wouldn't have got a weapon. There are many crimes that happen everyday where people use illegally purchased firearms.
"Illegally purchased"?

How about "Stolen"?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Killer Clouds

"Illegally purchased"?

How about "Stolen"?
That along with straw purchases  like how Rittenhouse got his gun.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
That along with straw purchases  like how Rittenhouse got his gun.

Ah, the old "Rittenhouse was illegally armed" leftist talking point rears its ugly head yet again.

Please note:  Rittenhouse did not own the dreaded AR-15.  Not a "straw purchase," which would be illegal.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Killer Clouds

Ah, the old "Rittenhouse was illegally armed" leftist talking point rears its ugly head yet again.

Please note:  Rittenhouse did not own the dreaded AR-15.  Not a "straw purchase," which would be illegal.

Rittenhouse and Black admitted that Rittenhouse gave Black the money to buy the gun for him. Yes that is a straw purchase. Also Black giving possession of the firearm to Rittenhouse was also a felony. Yes Rittenhouse was illegally armed.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Rittenhouse and Black admitted that Rittenhouse gave Black the money to buy the gun for him. Yes that is a straw purchase. Also Black giving possession of the firearm to Rittenhouse was also a felony. Yes Rittenhouse was illegally armed.

I guess we learnt something new about Killer today.  You should be proud they melted down the evil gun before it killed again.  If you have an AR-15 you should do the same, but you probably don't.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Man Who Straw Purchased Rifle for Kyle Rittenhouse Takes a Plea Deal, Avoids Jail

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/man-who-straw-purchased-rifle-for-kyle-rittenhouse-takes-a-plea-deal-avoids-jail/

From the Associated Press . . .

The man who bought Kyle Rittenhouse an assault-style rifle when he was only 17 has agreed to plead no contest to contributing to the delinquency of a minor, a non-criminal citation, and avoid convictions on the two felonies he’d been facing.

The Journal Sentinel reports Dominick Black, 20, was charged in November 2020 with two counts of delivering a dangerous weapon to a minor, resulting in death. The two counts related to Joseph Rosenbaum and Anthony Huber, the protesters Rittenhouse fatally shot the night of Aug. 25, 2020, in Kenosha.

Black was 18 when he purchased the rifle for Rittenhouse at a hardware store in Rusk County in May of that year. At 17, Rittenhouse was too young to legally purchase the weapon.

More at link.

Offline Killer Clouds

I guess we learnt something new about Killer today.  You should be proud they melted down the evil gun before it killed again.  If you have an AR-15 you should do the same, but you probably don't.
What are you talking about? You make no sense. I stated the facts.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
What are you talking about? You make no sense. I stated the facts.

Yes, I see that now.  I wonder why the Prosecution didn't bring it up?
I will NOT comply.