Author Topic: Military recruitment lags despite reduced targets, record incentives to boost interest  (Read 262 times)

rebewranger

Military recruitment lags despite reduced targets, record incentives to boost interest
Peter Aitken - Yesterday 9:50 PM

The military touts a "recruit’s market" that should attract fresh blood into its ranks as each branch faces recruiting shortfalls following the coronavirus pandemic.

"In real estate, you talk about buyer's and seller's markets," Maj. Gen. Edward W. Thomas Jr., commander of the Air Force Recruiting Service, told Fox News Digital. "You know, this is a recruiting market right now. There are good opportunities to serve and good incentives to do so."

The military faced a drop-off in recruitment during the pandemic: Each branch met active component goals, but reserve numbers have fallen short each year. That shortage has now hit the Active component goals for the Army and Navy, with other branches just meeting their goals.

One significant factor that Thomas highlighted is the lack of engagement the military could pursue while schools remained remote in 2020 during nationwide lockdowns: A 2018 report by the Institute for Defense Analyses heavily focused on recruitment at the high school level, indicating the high value placed on that pipeline.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/military-recruitment-lags-despite-reduced-targets-record-incentives-to-boost-interest/ar-AAY9XHQ?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=146755ed4ca4457d9b8d363596b422f3

rebewranger

I have a thought for the military.  People enlisting in the military want to be in a military organization not a woke social club. ****slapping

Offline PeteS in CA

The Cream-Puff-in-Chief views military personnel as expendable tools of his caprice. Who wants to serve under that?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
The Military, just like Coke and Disney, sacrificed 95% of the potential recruits in favor of appeasing a very small percentage of the population which more than likely will never join the military anyway. Get Woke, Go Broke! Applies to the military and to corporations. Who wants to go into battle for a General who doesn't even know which gender he is?

I just cannot figure out why Americans don't believe in my military competence! The Chinese military loves me!
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Once Milley said he would warn the Chinese of any aggressive action by the United States through his 'backchannels' (a distinct spy term). Once he said that, he became a Chinese agent. The fact, the very idea, that he is still in his position is unbelievable?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.