Author Topic: California — the most restrictive gun law state in the country — ironically tops the country in a ha  (Read 519 times)

Offline libertybele

California — the most restrictive gun law state in the country — ironically tops the country in a harrowing gun violence statistic

California is one of the country's most politically liberal states — and as it pertains to the Second Amendment, no state places more restrictions on its residents.

So, under the simple logic espoused by many Democratic lawmakers and gun control advocates, California should experience significantly less gun crime than other states, especially conservative ones.

But according to a new report from the FBI, the exact opposite is true when it comes to one specific gun violence statistic in America.

In the report, published this year, the bureau assessed that California led all states in the number of "active shooter incidents" in 2021, accounting for six of the 61 total incidents.

The data may come as a surprise to the nonprofit Everytown for Gun Safety, which ranked the Golden State number one in the country for "gun law strength."

"California has some of the strongest gun laws in the country and leads the nation in having the most comprehensive system for removing firearms from those who are legally prohibited from having a gun. With Gun Sense Candidate Gavin Newsom as governor, the state has enacted new gun safety legislation," the progressive organization reported............

https://www.theblaze.com/news/california-active-shooter-incidents-gun-control
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I have a little trouble with this #1 one for California, what are they calling all those incidents happening in Chicago I keep reading about every week? While I admittedly refrain from watching the news I just can't say as I recall all these active shooter events in California. Also I know multiple people that have purchased the dreaded assault weapon here and is California and it's gun laws really more restrictive than New York? Don't get me wrong California is plenty bad, and not just with AR's, there are lots of pistols that can't be purchased in CA and not because of magazine capacity but because of scary features like OMG a threaded barrel. Also the communists here have passed a law that let's them know exactly who and how much of each kind of ammo they buy...for public safety don't ya know!

Offline PeteS in CA

In the report, published this year, the bureau assessed that California led all states in the number of "active shooter incidents" in 2021, accounting for six of the 61 total incidents.

Context matters. Since California has ~11.8% of US population, having slightly less than 10% of "active shooter incidents" is not exactly a big "gotcha". At most, it proves that CA's stringent gun laws have slight effect on "active shooter incidents".

I do not support CA's crazier gun laws (I should not need to state that, but to discourage messenger-shooting ...), but as I said, context matters when tossing around statistics.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.