Author Topic: Five Tampa Bay Rays players decline to wear LGBTQ+ logo on uniform during Pride Night celebration  (Read 679 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Five Tampa Bay Rays players decline to wear LGBTQ+ logo on uniform during Pride Night celebration
CBS,  Jun 6, 2022

At least five players on the Tampa Bay Rays roster opted not to wear a patch the team added to their uniforms intended to celebrate Pride month in Saturday's 3-2 loss to the Chicago White Sox (box score). During the team's 16th annual Pride Night celebration Rays caps and uniforms had logos colored in the style of the modern LGBTQ+ pride flag, but not everyone in the clubhouse chose to participate.

Pitchers Jason Adam, Jalen Beeks, Brooks Raley, Jeffrey Springs and Ryan Thompson were among the players who did not wear the patch on their uniforms and chose to wear the team's standard caps for the June 4 home game.

Adam was selected by the organization to speak on behalf of the players who opted out, and called it a "faith-based decision" and that the decision wasn't "judgmental," per the Times:

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/five-tampa-bay-rays-players-decline-to-wear-lgbtq-logo-on-uniform-during-pride-night-celebration/amp/

Offline Right_in_Virginia

There was a time when a team would be forced to explain embracing LGBTQ+

Offline Hoodat

Pitchers Jason Adam, Jalen Beeks, Brooks Raley, Jeffrey Springs and Ryan Thompson were among the players who did not wear the patch on their uniforms and chose to wear the team's standard caps for the June 4 home game.

Good for them.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Just another example of good normal people fighting back against this woke shit.

This trend will accelerate and the Alphabet puke freaks will laungish in the shadows where they belong.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mountaineer

We're 6 days in, and I'm already sick to death of this pride month perversion.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline rustynail

Don't talk about the Monkey Pox.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Professional sports celebrating militant fagottry sure makes me want to go out to the old ballpark for a gay old time.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Kamaji

Professional sports celebrating militant fagottry sure makes me want to go out to the old ballpark for a gay old time.

:silly:

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
"Adam was selected by the organization to speak on behalf of the players who opted out..."

Unless the players wanted to voice their positions, then why? /r  (It is to attempt to shame or bully them into compliance.)

I can only surmise it was also to distance the organization from these men of moral conviction.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.