Author Topic: W.H. Economic Adviser Bernstein: I Won’t Admit I Got Inflation Wrong Because ‘What I Said Then Was V  (Read 680 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
W.H. Economic Adviser Bernstein: I Won’t Admit I Got Inflation Wrong Because ‘What I Said Then Was Very Much the Case’

Ian Hanchett 4 Jun 2022

On Friday’s “MSNBC Prime,” White House Council of Economic Advisers member Jared Bernstein refused to admit he got inflation wrong the same way Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen earlier in the week admitted she got inflation wrong — in part due to her failure to fully understand supply problems — and argued that what he said back in 2021 “was very much the case.” And “I’m not going to re-litigate who was right and who was wrong a year ago.”

After playing a clip of Bernstein downplaying the longevity of inflation in October 2021, host Mehdi Hasan asked, “Do you want to join with Janet Yellen and apologize for getting that analysis wrong?”

Bernstein responded, “No, I mean, what I said then was very much the case. And, in fact, at the time, the Federal Reserve, virtually every economic forecaster, the Congressional Budget Office were all saying what I said there. Look, I think the key question right now is what are we doing to help ease prices at the pump? I’m not going to re-litigate who was right and who was wrong a year ago. I want to talk about what we’re doing now, and the president has articulated three — a three-pronged approach.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/06/04/w-h-economic-adviser-bernstein-i-wont-admit-i-got-inflation-wrong-because-what-i-said-then-was-very-much-the-case/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DB

If you can't learn from your mistakes then you are completely incompetent.

But any "economist" who thinks you can throw trillions of dollars of money created out of thin air into the economy and not cause drastic inflation is a moron to begin with.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
But any "economist" who thinks you can throw trillions of dollars of money created out of thin air into the economy and not cause drastic inflation is a moron to begin with.
Unrestricted constant printing 'new money' combined with shutting down oil drilling and refineries, is a very clear unmistakable recipe for inflation. Anyone who says they did not see inflation coming is either an ignorant fool or a liar.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
He's right.

Inflation was "Transitory", going into a full blown Venezuelan-type crisis.  /s
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
He's right.

Inflation was "Transitory", going into a full blown Venezuelan-type crisis.  /s

Why the "/s?"  That is very much the slope we're on.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
When the $100 dollar bill replaces the current $10 dollar bill, and the $10 dollar bill replaces the $1, and all savings and retirement plans are wiped out, only then will the Biden Administration claim 'victory' in their disastrously destructive war against everything American.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

The "half-life" of the Optimism Vaccine from listening to Rush Limbaugh refuses to allow me to despair.

At the same time, my 76 year old body/brain has run out of sh*ts to give.   :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Biden admin excuses: All we did was add eggs, sugar, milk, and baking power to some flour. Then we baked it for half an hour in a pan. How could we possibly know it would turn into cake!?

Not our fault! We never saw 'cake' coming. It was a complete surprise. We thought cake was impossible with what we were doing? It's all Putin's fault!

Everything the Biden administration has done has been methodical and calculated. None of it is incompetence or 'a mistake'. If all of this was incompetence or a mistake, then they would reverse course and fix it. But of course they refuse to fix anything they have done. Because the outcomes are what they want. They know exactly what they are doing. It is all intentional and is being done with extreme malice.

Biden himself is not to blame. Biden is a senile imbecile who has no idea what is happening around him unless ice-cream is involved. However the people controlling his staff and controlling co-President Jill, have an undeniable agenda to destroy America, as is glaringly evident with everything they do.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2022, 06:07:55 pm by 240B »

Offline Killer Clouds

With these DCP morons there's nothing like doubling down on stupidity.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2022, 06:30:45 pm by Killer Clouds »

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
When the whoring is completely maxed out, it then becomes time for denials to the point of utter stupidity.  TheY follow the ole playbook like they don't have brains of their own.  There is a serious stupidity of playing the game out this way, exposing themselves so completely.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2022, 03:39:30 am by christian »
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

If you can't learn from your mistakes then you are completely incompetent.

That is basic.  It is also incompetency to not learn from the mistakes made by others.  It is why we have history to learn economic principles..
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

There is a serious stupidity of playing the game out this way, exposing themselves so completely.
The Democrats sold their soul to get rid of Trump. And now, they have exposed themselves utterly as an anti-America, anti-Christian, anti-Jewish, totalitarian regime. As you say, their very devout religious zealotry to oust Trump at any cost, made them expose who they really are.

The idea that any "not dead and not a comic book character" citizen in America would vote Democrat is a mystery? It is like they vote away their own 'Rights' in favor of their own subjugation to an abysmally corrupt "State".

"Hey man! I'm like cool an shit ... I only vote Democrat." <- forgetting that the KKK is a Democrat founded funded and populated institution.

Online Hoodat

On Friday’s “MSNBC Prime,” White House Council of Economic Advisers member Jared Bernstein .  .  .

One would think that someone on a council of economic advisors would at least have some instruction in economics.

Jared Bernstein educational background:

Manhattan School of Music - BA in Music
Hunter College - MA in Social Work
Columbia University - MA in Philosophy, PhD in Social Welfare
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Killer Clouds

One would think that someone on a council of economic advisors would at least have some instruction in economics.

Jared Bernstein educational background:

Manhattan School of Music - BA in Music
Hunter College - MA in Social Work
Columbia University - MA in Philosophy, PhD in Social Welfare
That seems about right for this administration. Qualifications have nothing to do with the job.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I Won’t Admit I Got Inflation Wrong Because ‘What I Said Then Was Very Much the Case’

The real world calls this clueless, ignorant, incompetent, fraud, quack, poseur, moron...pick your adjective.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Biden admin excuses: All we did was add eggs, sugar, milk, and baking power to some flour. Then we baked it for half an hour in a pan. How could we possibly know it would turn into cake!?

Not our fault! We never saw 'cake' coming. It was a complete surprise. We thought cake was impossible with what we were doing? It's all Putin's fault!

Everything the Biden administration has done has been methodical and calculated. None of it is incompetence or 'a mistake'. If all of this was incompetence or a mistake, then they would reverse course and fix it. But of course they refuse to fix anything they have done. Because the outcomes are what they want. They know exactly what they are doing. It is all intentional and is being done with extreme malice.

Biden himself is not to blame. Biden is a senile imbecile who has no idea what is happening around him unless ice-cream is involved. However the people controlling his staff and controlling co-President Jill, have an undeniable agenda to destroy America, as is glaringly evident with everything they do.
I agree. Incompetents, even the 'best' of them, manage to screw up and get something right once in a while.

This is calculated, and entirely competently bent on damaging this country as much as possible.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis