Author Topic: Rep. Carolyn Maloney accuses Rep. Jerry Nadler of sexism in primary challenge  (Read 238 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Rep. Carolyn Maloney accuses Rep. Jerry Nadler of sexism in primary challenge
By Jon Levine   
June 4, 2022 10:29am

The gloves came off this week between two entrenched and once-friendly Democratic Congress members who are now battling in a primary for their political lives.

Rep. Carolyn Maloney fired the first salvo this week, claiming to The Post that her longtime colleague Rep. Jerry Nadler tried to muscle her out of a newly carved Manhattan congressional district — and wouldn’t have attempted such a thing if she were a man.

“I met with Jerry and he asked me to leave and stand aside,” Maloney said of the alleged exchange on the House floor on May 16, just after a court-appointed special master created the new Upper East Side/Upper West Side 12th District — setting the pair of lefty lions on a collision course.

“I said no because this district is majority mine,” she continued.

“My whole life people have told me I shouldn’t be where I am so I am not surprised he told me to step aside,” she said. “The time for women stepping aside is over.”

Asked if Nadler would have treated a male rival differently, Maloney bluntly replied, “Yes I do.”

more
https://nypost.com/2022/06/04/rep-carolyn-maloney-accuses-rep-jerry-nadler-of-sexism/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34