Author Topic: Labor Sec’y Walsh: ‘Don’t Know if We Necessarily Need’ Job Market to Cool to Lower Inflation  (Read 401 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Labor Sec’y Walsh: ‘Don’t Know if We Necessarily Need’ Job Market to Cool to Lower Inflation

Ian Hanchett 4 Jun 2022

On Friday’s “CNN Newsroom,” Labor Secretary Marty Walsh said that he’s not sure that we necessarily need the job market to cool down in order for inflation to come down and that “we have to continue to tackle the inflation issues. But we’ve also got to continue to push to get people into good-paying jobs as we move forward here as an economy.”

Co-host Poppy Harlow asked, “It’s a fact, is it not, that we actually need this job market to cool off to bring down inflation?”

Walsh responded, “I don’t know if we necessarily need it to cool off. I think that we have — I think that a lot of people have different opinions. Economists are — have different philosophies on what we need to do here, and I think what we need to do, quite honestly, is if we — my job is to continue to try and create better pathways into good-paying jobs for people in America. At the end of the day, people want to enter into the middle class. We have to — I’m not saying we ignore the inflation, we have to continue to tackle the inflation issues. But we’ve also got to continue to push to get people into good-paying jobs as we move forward here as an economy.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/06/04/labor-secy-walsh-dont-know-if-we-necessarily-need-job-market-to-cool-to-lower-inflation/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Given all the businesses going out of business due to not being able to afford the inflationary labor rates today,why the HELL is he or anybody else complaining about a "Job Market" that needs to "cool"?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline DB

Its called stagflation.

It's the 70's all over again.

And with the current idiots in charge it will continue for some time to come.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Remind me again, why Labor and Commerce are separate Cabinet-level departments?

Oh, yeah, because Commerce is cluttered with unrelated bureaus like NOAA and NIST.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Remind me again, why Labor and Commerce are separate Cabinet-level departments?

Oh, yeah, because Commerce is cluttered with unrelated bureaus like NOAA and NIST.

The largess of Fedzilla is 10X beyond usefullness and control.  I have stated many times during the decades, that our government needs to be stripped to the bones.  And only operate with a Dept. of Defense, a Treasury Dept., and a newly created Dept. of Logistics.  Dept. of Logistics that would monitor and mediate interstate issues.

The level of uselessness of our gubmit is mind boggling.  Here is a personal real life example. 

Before retirement, I was an Environmental Manager for a large oil company.  When I had that assignment in Houston, we were regulated (redundantly) by all of the below, for basically all the same thing

Environmental Protection Agency
State Agencies (At the time TNRCC and TACB)
Harris County Pollution Control
City of Houston

Our nation wastes trillions in redundant and needless governmental interaction in our lives.  99.9% of what our federal government provides is or easily could be delegated to the states.

Gutting Fedzilla may be our only way out of this mess.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2022, 01:19:37 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.