Author Topic: INTEREST IN MILITARY SERVICE DECLINING  (Read 709 times)

rebewranger

INTEREST IN MILITARY SERVICE DECLINING
« on: June 03, 2022, 11:43:53 am »
INTEREST IN MILITARY SERVICE DECLINING
Gen. Paul Funk speakes

Thu, 06/02/2022 - 11:00
The general officer in charge of recruiting the next generation of soldiers said the shrinking pool of young people who are eligible to serve represents “a problem in our nation.”

Gen. Paul Funk, commander of the Army Training and Doctrine Command, said the two biggest hurdles to qualifying young people for service are obesity and addiction, which he considers “national security issues that we’ve got to address.”

But ahead of those two issues and, more important, is a prevailing lack of willingness to serve. More than 50% of young people “have never considered service to the nation,” Funk said June 2 at a breakfast meeting hosted by the Association of the U.S. Army as part of its Coffee Series.

“If you want to ask me what the biggest challenge facing our nation today is, it’s the propensity to serve, it’s down at its lowest level,” he said.

https://www.ausa.org/news/interest-military-service-declining

rebewranger

Re: INTEREST IN MILITARY SERVICE DECLINING
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2022, 11:46:04 am »
I absolutely refuse to believe wokism, witch hunts of whites, or dismantling of the military have anything to do with it. :whistle:

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2022, 12:52:48 pm »
Well, they waivered gang bangers but wouldn't waiver an Eagle Scout.

So if they're having recruiting problems, look for them to again waiver some of the least desireable vs. those with minor medical issues.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2022, 12:53:57 pm »
I absolutely refuse to believe wokism, witch hunts of whites, or dismantling of the military have anything to do with it. :whistle:

:amen:
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2022, 06:38:44 pm »
The current Muffin-in-Chief views service people as expendable pawns at the beck and call of his caprice and dementia. Not exactly a great recruiting message.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2022, 07:06:43 pm »
Take a look at the officer corps.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn