Author Topic: VIDEO: Howard Johnson's Menu Created by Julia Child's French Chef Partner  (Read 630 times)

Offline pjcomix

• DUmmie FUnnies YouTube Channel
It's the end of an era. The last Howard Johnson's restaurant has just closed. Among the amazing things I found out while researching the subject of Howard Johnson's is that famous French chef Jaques Pépin was hired by the company to improve their menu.  Pépin was slated to become a chef at the JFK White House but chose to work on the Howard Johnson's menu instead. Later Pépin co-hosted cooking shows on PBS with Julia Child. This video also reveals how  Pépin rendered a CBS reporter speechless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhhKaCS_0Sc
DUmmie FUnnies YouTube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/dummiefunnies

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I actually like HoJo, and I have missed it for years. They had that roof in Tempe, back in the day.  I stopped in frequently when I worked for ASU in the early 80's.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

I actually like HoJo, and I have missed it for years. They had that roof in Tempe, back in the day.  I stopped in frequently when I worked for ASU in the early 80's.

My experience with HoJo was less than pleasant.  My friend and I stopped in for lunch and a cockroach actually crawled out of her salad.  This was back in the late '70's.  I never went back.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
My experience with HoJo was less than pleasant.  My friend and I stopped in for lunch and a cockroach actually crawled out of her salad.  This was back in the late '70's.  I never went back.

That would do it for me... :3:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline pjcomix

• DUmmie FUnnies YouTube Channel

Maybe you would have had a more favorable opinion of that cockroach if you added Mediterranean Sea Salt to it.
DUmmie FUnnies YouTube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/dummiefunnies

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Maybe you would have had a more favorable opinion of that cockroach if you added Mediterranean Sea Salt to it.

Before or after the application of a hammer?
I will NOT comply.

Offline DB

I once found a large cockroach leg in my Marie Callender's ham sandwich while eating it... Marie Callender's was never quite the same for me after that...

And speaking of Howard Johnson's, in either 1969 or 1970 when my family moved from Texas to California, we ate at a Howard Johnson's near to where our new home was. I had a waffle. It was the strangest waffle I've ever had. It was rubberized foam with no taste...

Anyone remember Stuckey’s? They were along the I40 in Arizona and New Mexico. Their "shakes" didn't melt. They stayed the same consistency no matter what temperature they were at... Not good...

Offline libertybele

I once found a large cockroach leg in my Marie Callender's ham sandwich while eating it... Marie Callender's was never quite the same for me after that...

And speaking of Howard Johnson's, in either 1969 or 1970 when my family moved from Texas to California, we ate at a Howard Johnson's near to where our new home was. I had a waffle. It was the strangest waffle I've ever had. It was rubberized foam with no taste...

Anyone remember Stuckey’s? They were along the I40 in Arizona and New Mexico. Their "shakes" didn't melt. They stayed the same consistency no matter what temperature they were at... Not good...

It is disgusting and I'm surprised HoJo lasted for as long as they did.  I've never had a Marie Callendar's anything, so after reading your wonderful 'find' it is doubtful I'll partake in anything made under that label.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.