Author Topic: Big country music festival bans Confederate flags  (Read 483 times)

Online libertybele

Big country music festival bans Confederate flags
« on: June 03, 2022, 06:04:21 pm »
Big country music festival bans Confederate flags

A prominent country music festival says it will no longer allow Confederate flags.

The Country Music Association now lists “Confederate flag imagery of any kind” alongside prohibited items such as large bags, weapons and hammocks at its Nashville event.

The festival is returning from a two-year hiatus due to COVID-19. It will run from June 9 to 12 and feature big names such as Alan Jackson, Luke Bryan and Carrie Underwood.

“This year’s CMA Fest is our first major fan-facing event in nearly three years. We have always had policies in place that protect the safety of our fans and ban discrimination, but we felt it was important to further refine our language to explicitly outline what will and will not be tolerated,” the CMA said in a statement to The Tennessean. “In line with our first CMA Fest lineup announcement in early April, our event policy was published on our website, which states any behavior that causes one of our attendees to fear for their personal safety will not be tolerated, and that is inclusive of any displays of the Confederate flag.”........

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2022/jun/3/country-music-association-festival-bans-confederat/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Big country music festival bans Confederate flags
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2022, 01:01:28 am »
maybe people that are offend at having their States and families history denigrated should make their displeasure known by not attending? NASCAR and now CMA Kowtowing to wokeism and erasing or discounting and denigrating America's history should hurt! Let all the terminally offended keep them afloat, something I doubt is possible since most of them most likely don't listen to real country music or watch NASCAR. From the little I have heard, most of what passes for country now is just pop crap.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2022, 01:03:02 am by GtHawk »

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2022, 01:49:17 am »
A country music festival will be held soon in eastern Ohio, not far from where we live. Despite being held in a northern state, the confederate battle flag will probably be quite common.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2022, 11:23:40 am »
A country music festival will be held soon in eastern Ohio, not far from where we live. Despite being held in a northern state, the confederate battle flag will probably be quite common.
It was, and remains, a symbol of rebellion, not racism.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2022, 01:25:03 pm »
It was, and remains, a symbol of rebellion, not racism.

... And why it would be great to go to that concert and hand out Confederate Flag stickers to paste on hats.... Big ones, front and center...

I wonder how many you could give away...