Author Topic: President's speech calling for assault weapons ban sparks alarm on Twitter: ‘Biden wants to disarm A  (Read 419 times)

Online libertybele

President's speech calling for assault weapons ban sparks alarm on Twitter: ‘Biden wants to disarm Americans’

onservatives and gun rights supporters were alarmed with President Joe Biden’s Thursday evening address encouraging a new "assault weapons" ban in America. Despite the president's claim he would never take "away anyone's guns," conservatives pointed out his proposals would do just that.

During the address, Biden lamented the loss of life in the recent mass shootings, like the one at a school in Uvalde, Texas, and proposed several bans he thought would minimize these hateful crimes.

"We need to ban assault weapons and high-capacity magazines. And if we can't ban assault weapons, then we should raise the age to purchase them from 18 to 21," he declared. Biden added that the country also needs to "strengthen background checks; enact safe storage and red flag laws; repeal the immunity, that protect gun manufacturers from liability; address the mental health crisis, deepening the trauma of gun violence."

Though Biden insisted, "I want to be very clear – this is not about taking away anyone's guns............

.................."Everything Joe Biden proposed today is a threat to the 2nd Amendment but the worst is repealing gun manufacturers’ immunity from liability. If they end up liable for every criminal who misuses a gun, they’ll go bankrupt and there won’t be ANY guns for sale. It’s a total gun ban."........

https://www.foxnews.com/media/presidents-speech-assault-weapons-ban-alarm-twitter-biden-disarm-americans
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Zeek Arkham, Dark Chocolate MAGA
@ZeekArkham

I’m not going to cut off my own penis in order to stop other rapes.

I’m not going to give up my own car to stop others drunk driving.

I’m not going to keep my own hands in my pockets to stop other assaults.

And I’m not giving up my own guns because others commit murders.

9:08 AM · Jun 7, 2022   Twitter for iPhone