Author Topic: AOC-backed progressive candidate drops out of NY race, blames Democratic Party's redistricting and a  (Read 238 times)

Offline libertybele

AOC-backed progressive candidate drops out of NY race, blames Democratic Party's redistricting and accuses it of racism

A far-left congressional candidate dropped out of her primary race in New York and blamed the state party's redistricting, which she said discriminated against "black and brown people."

Muslim activist Rana Abdelhamid from Brooklyn released a statement excoriating her own party's leadership for splitting the district she had been wanting to win.

"Today, I am formally suspending my campaign for Congress. After nearly two years of putting together this effort, this was a very difficult decision to make," Abdelhamid said in a statement on Tuesday. "But because my community and I were cut out of this district, we were left with no other choice."

She went on to specifically accuse Democrats of racism.

"The new NY-12, which was drawn through an undemocratic process, no longer includes Queens or Brooklyn," she explained. "That means that in my home and my community, which includes, working class, Black and brown, Muslim and Arab communities of interest in Queens, were all divided into two districts, NY-7 and NY-14, diluting our opportunity for representation and political power." ............

https://www.conservativereview.com/aoc-backed-progressive-candidate-drops-out-of-ny-race-blames-democratic-party-s-redistricting-and-accuses-it-of-racism-2657448400.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Kamaji

/snicker

Buh-bye.  What a racist, amongst other things.