Author Topic: US to Cancel $5.8 Billion Student Debt From College That Harris Once Sued  (Read 135 times)

rebewranger

US to Cancel $5.8 Billion Student Debt From College That Harris Once Sued
Josh Wingrove - Yesterday 7:17 PM

(Bloomberg) -- The US will forgive $5.8 billion in outstanding debt for students of defunct Corinthian Colleges Inc. who the government says were deceived and defrauded -- a major loan cancellation that comes as President Joe Biden considers a more widespread proposal.

Corinthian followed a pattern of cheating its students by falsely stating its programs, officials told reporters on a briefing call Wednesday, speaking on condition of anonymity.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/news/us-to-cancel-5-8-billion-student-debt-from-college-that-harris-once-sued/ar-AAXYOwS?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=113f04b9e72e4114ad9b57a660547266

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
My wife once signed on as teacher at a similar crap college because we needed the extra cash. I don't think she stayed with them a month, they hired her to take over for someone else teaching medical billing. The 'college' had no teaching plan, tests or even terminology or other handouts for the students. After spending so many unpaid hours putting everything together she told her supervisor that they weren't paying her enough for the work involved, my wife was basically told tough cheese this is what you get so she told them to stick it and teach the class themselves. There is no way anyone except the brightest who did the work all on their own was capable of handling an entry level position after shelling out thousands of dollars.