Author Topic: Jurors Reach Verdict In Johnny Depp-Amber Heard Trial; Actor Will Not Be Present For Announcement  (Read 498 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Jurors reached a verdict on Wednesday in Johnny Depp’s $50 million defamation case against ex-wife Amber Heard.

The verdict will be announced at noon PT. Judge Penney Azcarate is giving lawyers time to get to the courthouse. Johnny Depp will not be there for the announcement.

“Your presence shows where your priorities are,” a spokesperson for Heard said of the former Pirates of the Caribbean star’s absence and the impression it leaves. “Johnny Depp plays guitar in the UK while Amber Heard waits for a verdict in Virginia. Depp is taking his snickering and lack of seriousness on tour.”

https://deadline.com/2022/06/johnny-depp-amber-heard-trial-jury-reaches-verdict-1235036500/
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
If anyone is interested.

Verdict to be announced 3 pm EST.

(About an hour from now)

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
'We have found both the plaintiff and defendant to be guilty of being mutually toxic, narcissistic dumbasses.'
« Last Edit: June 01, 2022, 08:24:46 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod

Johnny Depp wins US libel lawsuit against former wife Amber Heard

Johnny Depp has won his multimillion-dollar US lawsuit against former wife Amber Heard after a Virginia jury ruled a 2018 article published in The Washington Post was defamatory.

He was awarded $15m by the court.

https://news.sky.com/story/johnny-depp-wins-us-libel-lawsuit-against-former-wife-amber-heard-12609397

Looks like the jury believed Jonny
« Last Edit: June 01, 2022, 07:33:35 pm by Gefn »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Looks like the jury believed Jonny
Well, he is the better actor... 888mouth
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Jury finds both Amber Heard and Johnny Depp liable for defamation

jury has found both Amber Heard and Johnny Depp liable for defamation in their lawsuits against each other.

Depp sued Heard, his ex-wife, for defamation over a 2018 op-ed she wrote for The Washington Post in which she described herself as a “public figure representing domestic abuse.” Though Depp was not named in the article, he claims it cost him lucrative acting roles. Heard countersued her ex-husband for defamation over statements Depp’s attorney made about her abuse claims..............

https://nbc-2.com/news/national-world/2022/06/01/watch-verdict-reached-in-johnny-depp-defamation-trial-against-amber-heard/
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online berdie

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I watched this trial from the beginning...and I must tell you imho I thought they were both scumbags and I would not have awarded a dime to either one...they deserved ea other....

...and right...Depp was the better actor and it didn't hurt to have your fan-club in the court room and outside the building..

Mike will be happy it's over since I had to move dinner back an hour...lol

....oh wait pointing-down

Now I will be transfixed with QE2's jubilee celebrations for the next few days...sorry Mike... :silly:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Now comes the appellate process.

Online berdie

I watched this trial from the beginning...and I must tell you imho I thought they were both scumbags and I would not have awarded a dime to either one...they deserved ea other....

...and right...Depp was the better actor and it didn't hurt to have your fan-club in the court room and outside the building..[/q]

I only saw the part on the news and what I read. I agree...I wouldn't have given either one a dime. In fact, If I had been on that jury listening to that drivel for 6 weeks I would have demanded significant payment from both of them for my time.

Why in the world would anyone allow their dirt to be aired evades me. Sometimes bad press isn't what it's cracked up to be.

Disclaimer: I am not sure that I've ever seen Heard and the only thing I liked Depp in was Gilbert Grape.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Sobbing Amber Heard claims Johnny Depp's defamation trial victory is a 'setback for women' and says she feels her freedom of speech as an American 'has been lost'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10876265/Amber-Heard-claims-Depp-verdict-setback-women-says-freedom-speech-lost.html

LMAO..her freedom of speech has been lost..that's all we heard for six weeks... :silly:
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline LadyLiberty

So double the amount of the divorce settlement plus an extra $mil. The jury probably did not like that she did not donate it to charity as per her public promise.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I only watch a couple of film clips of the trial here and there and while they may be scumbags, it appeared that Amber was a bit 'off the charts' bonkers.

Gee ... IF only people would pay this much attention to what Biden is doing to our country and the absolute disaster at the border .... oh that's right, the media doesn't seem to give the important things much focus.  They'd rather focus on the Hollywood elites trash each other.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline PeteS in CA

As best I can tell, not having followed it much, Depp is a car wreck, Heard a train wreck, and the train wreck lost. Probably the best of the trial is the hit on the ACLU, who ghost-wrote Heard's defamatory article, and the hit on the WashPost, who published "her" slander. IMO, those are the two angles to the case that conservatives and other decent people need to help people remember.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.