Author Topic: Dumbass: Janet Yellen says she didn't know inflation would spin out of control?  (Read 94 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
June 2, 2022
Dumbass: Janet Yellen says she didn't know inflation would spin out of control?
By Monica Showalter

With Joe Biden's polling numbers in the tank and runaway inflation the number one issue on voters' minds, in steps Biden's Treasury Secretary, and former Chair of the Federal Reserve, to take one for the team.

Washington (CNN) US Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen admitted Tuesday that she had failed to anticipate how long high inflation would continue to plague American consumers as the Biden administration works to contain a mounting political liability.

"I think I was wrong then about the path that inflation would take," Yellen told CNN's Wolf Blitzer on "The Situation Room" when asked about her comments from 2021 that inflation posed only a "small risk."
    The admission was the latest indication that the administration's expectations of a normalizing economy were thrown into disarray by the continuing pandemic and the war in Europe.
    "As I mentioned, there have been unanticipated and large shocks to the economy that have boosted energy and food prices and supply bottlenecks that have affected our economy badly that I didn't -- at the time -- didn't fully understand, but we recognize that now," she said.

that now," she said.

Dammit, Janet. What a stupid person. Who the heck's job was it to keep an eye on inflation, which affects 300 million people participating in the economic system in our country? That's right, Janet Yellen, who as Treasury Secretary has the explicit job of guarding the value of the currency, and as former Fed chief under President Obama, had an even more serious job of setting monetary policy which has the highest impact on the value of the currency. She's been placed in jobs of enormous power -- she was the hand on the button of the money press -- and now she's admitting that she doesn't even know basic economics

Who's job was it to watch for inflation? That's right, hers.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2022/06/dumbass_janet_yellen_says_she_didnt_know_inflation_would_spin_out_of_control.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34