Author Topic: Joe Biden Creates ‘Office of Environmental Justice’ for ‘Communities of Color’  (Read 223 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Joe Biden Creates ‘Office of Environmental Justice’ for ‘Communities of Color’

Wendell Husebø 1 Jun 2022

President Joe Biden’s administration announced Tuesday a new Office of Environmental Justice (OEJ) to preserve “communities of color” from zoning restrictions and pollution, among other objectives.

The OEJ will report to the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and will sit within the Office of Climate Change and Health Equity at HHS, according to Xavier Becerra, secretary of HHS. Biden created the Office of Climate Change and Health Equity in 2021 to stop the warming of the globe.

“The blunt truth is that many communities across our nation – particularly low-income communities and communities of color – continue to bear the brunt of pollution from industrial development, poor land use decisions, transportation, and trade corridors,” Becerra said in a press release. ”Meeting the needs of these communities requires our focused attention. That’s why HHS is establishing the Office of Environmental Justice.”

White House Council on Environmental Quality Chair Brenda Mallory described the agency’s responsibilities as “prioritizing environmental justice.” She also said that not all communities in the United States have clean air and clean water.

“By creating this new office and prioritizing environmental justice at HHS, Secretary Becerra is undertaking the type of bold institutional reform that is desperately needed to deliver clean air and clean water for all communities,” Mallory said. “Today’s announcement is a key step toward confronting environmental injustice – in all of its heartbreaking forms – with the full force and commitment of the Federal government.”

Specifically, the agency’s announcement said Biden’s OEJ will be responsible for the following:

Leading initiatives that integrate environmental justice into the HHS mission to improve health in disadvantaged communities and vulnerable populations across the nation.
    Developing and implementing an HHS-wide strategy on environmental justice and health.
    Coordinating annual HHS environmental justice reports.
    Providing HHS’s Office of Civil Rights with environmental justice expertise to support compliance under Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
    Promoting training opportunities to build an environmental justice workforce.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/06/01/joe-biden-creates-office-of-environmental-justice-for-communities-of-color/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
No idea what this is...btw have they solved the baby formula problem yet....I guess not.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
They should have named it the Office of Gimme Dats White Boy!
The Republic is lost.

Online mountaineer

Lots of talk of environmental justice, but no definitions, practical explanations nor concrete proposals.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2022, 08:53:56 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

Invidious discrimination on the basis of race, pure and simple.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

So when does the nuclear waste dump open on Martha's Vineyard?

The Hamptons is a great location for a new oil refinery.

When does the fracking begin in Beverly Hills?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online mountaineer

So when does the nuclear waste dump open on Martha's Vineyard?
Sometime after the wind farm, I guess.
Published December 4, 2017 4:46pm EST
Kennedys, Kochs help kill planned wind farm off Cape Cod
FOX News

A plan to build scores of offshore, electricity-generating windmills within eyesight of the Kennedy compound and numerous other tony properties in one of America’s wealthiest, and most scenic areas, is officially dead in the water.

The Cape Wind project, which envisioned 130 turbines to be built off the Massachusetts coast, would have been the first U.S. offshore wind farm. It would also have spoiled the view from the Kennedy family’s estate and that of the Democratic family's billionaire neighbor, William Koch, owner of a nearby 26-acre estate. ...
Thus has it ever been.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Office of Environmental Justice..."

Is it time for that New Continental Congress yet...?

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

To exclude those of a different color is the definition of racism I thought.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington