Author Topic: Climate change to blame for monkeypox outbreak, says professor  (Read 223 times)

rebewranger

Climate change to blame for monkeypox outbreak, says professor

James Wilson
15.24 29 MAY 2022

Climate change is likely behind the global outbreak of monkeypox, a professor of health systems has said.

The disease had largely been eradicated due to smallpox vaccines but the few people who do contract it usually do so in tropical rainforest areas of central and west Africa - often after coming into contact with animals.

However, in recent weeks hundreds of cases have been recorded across Europe and yesterday Minister for Health Stephen Donnelly revealed there was one confirmed case in the Republic of Ireland.

“Climate change is driving animal populations out of their normal ranges and human populations into areas where animals live,” Professor Staines of DCU explained to On The Record with Gavan Reilly.

https://www.newstalk.com/news/climate-change-to-blame-for-monkeypox-outbreak-says-professor-1348966

rebewranger

Re: Climate change to blame for monkeypox outbreak, says professor
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2022, 03:00:41 pm »
From what I've read, it helps ENORMOUSLY to be gay to contract monkeypox. :yowsa:

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2022, 03:09:34 pm »
Professor Staines of DCU explained to On The Record with Gavan Reilly, then he said "Now where to I pick up my check?"

Just another so called 'scientist' whore, like all the others. This guy would blame genital warts and diabetes on "climate change" for a price. And that is not intended to be hyperbole or a joke. These jackass professors/scientists will blame anything/everything on climate change for funding, awards, and peer acceptance, regardless of what they know to be truth and facts.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2022, 03:11:06 pm »
:facepalm2:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2022, 04:20:19 pm »
From what I've read, it helps ENORMOUSLY to be gay to contract monkeypox. :yowsa:
Well, that's the most relevant climate change involved (social, not the weather).

From 'in the closet' to in-your-face 'celebration'...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis