Author Topic: Musk tells Tesla employees to get their butts back to office or they can ‘pretend to work somewhere  (Read 346 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Musk tells Tesla employees to get their butts back to office or they can ‘pretend to work somewhere else’
June 1, 2022 | Terresa Monroe-Hamilton

CEO Elon Musk informed his Tesla employees on Tuesday that they need to be back in the main office working at least 40 hours a week or they can head for greener pastures and “pretend to work somewhere else.”

Two blunt emails were leaked on Twitter with the first one putting employees on notice: “Anyone who wishes to do remote work must be in the office for a minimum (and I mean *minimum*) of 40 hours per week or depart Tesla. This is less than we ask of factory workers.”

“If there are particularly exceptional contributors for whom this is impossible, I will review and approve those exceptions directly,” Musk reportedly noted. “Moreover, the ‘office’ must be a main Tesla office, not a remote branch office unrelated to the job duties.”

One Twitter user asked Musk to respond to Tesla employees who consider working in-person to be an “antiquated concept.”

The billionaire tersely replied, “They should pretend to work somewhere else.”

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2022/06/01/musk-tells-tesla-employees-to-get-their-butts-back-to-office-or-they-can-pretend-to-work-somewhere-else-1245147/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
What a big ole Meany.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Kamaji

Offline PeteS in CA

I've been back at work full-time for two years, so what's these Tesloids' excuse?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
While I think working remote is great, if the Boss says you come into work, ya come in to work.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
While I think working remote is great, if the Boss says you come into work, ya come in to work.

I had a boss do that.  I worked with a team of research scientists and semiconductor engineers, very few of them ever came to my lab where the testing was going on.  Making them sit in an office for 40 hours was a stupid waste for people who put in 60-hour weeks when it's crunch time to finish creating computer models.  They were telecommuting, and productivity immediately (and permanently) fell. 

Meanwhile, the fellow who "managed by walking around" never actually walked around.  He wanted to see us at desks so he can feel like a boss, but we sat there and he never came.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline cato potatoe

For a tech innovator, he is being old fashioned.  Is he trying to prop up a real estate investment?  Afraid people will quit buying so many cars?

90% of our people work remotely, and the productivity is fine.  Commuting and parking are inefficient, as is the rent on downtown office space.  Some people thrive on office politics and the rest of us do not miss them.   

Offline ironhorsedriver

Bottom line, it's his company. He's the boss.