Author Topic: California panel set to release report calling for 'comprehensive reparations' to Black Americans  (Read 909 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
June 1, 2022 10:20am EDT
California panel set to release report calling for 'comprehensive reparations' to Black Americans
California Gov. Newsom signed legislation establishing the reparations task force in 2020
By Andrew Mark Miller | Fox News

A California task force on reparations  – the first of its kind in the nation – is set to release a report on Wednesday outlining several ways to address what it believes to be wrongs committed by the state against Black Americans.

The report calls for expanded voter registration, policies to hold police more accountable in cases of alleged brutality, and recommends the creation of a special office that would, in part, help Black Americans who descended from free or enslaved Black people in the country at the end of the 19th century document their eligibility for financial restitution.

The report, which runs 500 pages, will be the first government-commissioned study on harms against the African American community since the 1968 Kerner Commission report ordered by President Lyndon Johnson, task force Chair Kamilah Moore said.

"I hope that this report is used not only as an educational tool, but an organizing tool for people not only in California but across the U.S. to educate their communities," she said, adding that the report also highlights "contributions of the African American community and how they made the United States what it is despite ongoing oppression and degradation."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/us/california-report-comprehensive-reparations
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

And the last 60 years of getting more than their fair share of welfare handouts has fully paid whatever debt the fevered minds of liberalism can come up with.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

So, affirmative action is a failure?
Self-Annointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline PeteS in CA

California never should have permitted slavery nor fought for the Confederacy! rrthree
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Remember when folks used to snort with derision when the topic of "reparations" came up?

Soon to be reality in the [erstwhile] state of California.

We'd be far better off without the place.

Offline libertybele

I am a White female.  I want comprehensive reparations because Black reparations will be discriminatory against me!  :shrug:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline rustynail

Call me Toby Waller.

Online Hoodat

I support reparations.  In 1865, a Reparations deal was reached with representatives of former slaves.  And one party alone reneged on that agreement - the Democrat Party.  So by all means, the Democrat Party should pony up and pay these reparations.  They alone are liable.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
California panel set to release report calling for 'comprehensive reparations' to Black Americans to buy the Black Vote

Got 'er fixed.
The Republic is lost.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
More midterm desperation from the Democrats. They know Black people are fleeing from Biden and his disastrously destructive administration. So, if they cannot get Black people to vote for "an angry old former KKK White guy from the 1940s" on their own, then the Democrats will simply 'buy' the votes outright with so called 'reparations'. No a new idea at all. Buying Black votes is the foundation of the Democrat Party. Same thing today.

You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington