Author Topic: Gas Price Rises 5 Cents Overnight to Record High $4.67/Gallon  (Read 633 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Gas Price Rises 5 Cents Overnight to Record High $4.67/Gallon

Wendell Husebø 1 Jun 2022

Gas prices increased five cents into Wednesday morning and topped a record high of $4.67 gallon, AAA data revealed.

As drivers are confronted with a 50 percent gas price increase from last year, 18 states are hovering around $5 per gallon.

JPMorgan Chase on May 18 raised concerns the national average price of gas could increase to $6 per gallon. California has already exceeded $6/gallon.

The soaring gas price has fueled President Joe Biden’s inflation.

On Tuesday, Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen admitted during a press interview she and the president had failed to accurately assess that inflation would climb to a 40-year-high.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2022/06/01/gas-price-rises-5-cents-overnight-to-record-high-4-67-gallon/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Gas Price Rises 5 Cents Overnight to Record High $4.67/Gallon
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2022, 04:23:51 pm »
I think the benchmark for comparison of gasoline and diesel prices should be January 20, 2020.

Anything else is a distortion of the wonderful benefits of the Biden Administration.

(yes, there might be a little sarcasm in this post)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2022, 04:43:29 pm »
I just paid $5.199/g. for Premium in central Texas. Literally two weeks ago I paid $4.999/g. for Premium at the same station. Twenty cent increase in two weeks.
Let it burn.

Online rustynail

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2022, 05:44:38 pm »
We are hovering right around $5.00/gal.  Gee, pushing much for green energy?   9999hair out0000
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2022, 10:04:13 pm »
Here in CT gas prices will jump about 37 cents at 12.01am, July 1st -- after the temporary "gas tax holiday" expires.

Will they extend it at the last minute...?

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2022, 12:09:40 am »
I just paid $5.199/g. for Premium in central Texas. Literally two weeks ago I paid $4.999/g. for Premium at the same station. Twenty cent increase in two weeks.
I drove three miles out of my way to Costco and paid $5.659, when I looked at the closest Arco to me today it was $5.899 all the major brands are well over $6 here in Orange County CA. **nononono*

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2022, 08:11:26 pm »
Real? Or...?

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2022, 09:59:15 pm »
Gee ... I wonder why I see more and more people wearing "Let's Go Brandon" t-shirts??

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2022, 10:42:15 pm »
Have been down to the lake in central Virginia, 13,000 acres, and very few boats... very unusual for this time of year.
Maybe that is what set biden off was the Trump flotillas...  :silly:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2022, 11:09:21 pm »
Usually, there's some variance between Ohio and W.Va. gas prices (and Pa. is always higher than the other states), but not this time. Everywhere I go, the price for regular is $4.79.9, even in Pa. That's odd.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline libertybele

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2022, 11:27:33 pm »
Usually, there's some variance between Ohio and W.Va. gas prices (and Pa. is always higher than the other states), but not this time. Everywhere I go, the price for regular is $4.79.9, even in Pa. That's odd.

..hmmm....you mean that this all could be planned???? /s

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2022, 11:44:30 pm »
Something is hinky when gas is the same price in my little town as in the suburbs of Pittsburgh I frequently visit (I was there Thursday) and all along the route we took to Akron on Wednesday. $4.79 everywhere. The only variation was the price of diesel.

It's usually at least 15 cents cheaper here, and always at least a few cents cheaper in Ohio than in Pa. Thank goodness for Kroger fuel points, I paid a mere $4.39 today.  :crying:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org