Author Topic: Murphy says ‘growing momentum’ on gun violence legislation after latest meeting of bipartisan group  (Read 140 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Murphy says ‘growing momentum’ on gun violence legislation after latest meeting of bipartisan group
by Caroline Vakil - 06/01/22 8:15 PM ET

Sen. Chris Murphy (D-Conn.) said on Wednesday there is “growing momentum” on gun violence legislation after another bipartisan senators’ meeting on the matter was held earlier that day.

“Today a group of eight bipartisan Senators met to continue negotiations on a gun violence bill that can get a broad, bipartisan vote in the Senate. This follows a similar meeting yesterday,” he tweeted. “There is growing momentum to get something done and we agreed on a plan to keep working.”

Murphy’s office did not immediately respond to a request for information on which lawmakers attended. Sen. John Cornyn’s office said the Texas Republican was not there.

Murphy’s comments come as lawmakers reignite calls for gun-related legislation in the wake of two deadly shootings in recent weeks in Buffalo, N.Y. and Uvalde, Texas.

Following the shooting at Robb Elementary School in Texas, Murphy made an emotional plea to lawmakers to act on gun control.

more
https://thehill.com/news/senate/3508955-murphy-says-growing-momentum-on-gun-violence-legislation-after-latest-meeting-of-bipartisan-group/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Murphy says ‘growing momentum’ on gun violence legislation after latest meeting of bipartisan group
by Caroline Vakil - 06/01/22 8:15 PM ET

Sen. Chris Murphy (D-Conn.) said on Wednesday there is “growing momentum” on gun violence legislation after another bipartisan senators’ meeting on the matter was held earlier that day.

“Today a group of eight bipartisan Senators met to continue negotiations on a gun violence bill that can get a broad, bipartisan vote in the Senate. This follows a similar meeting yesterday,” he tweeted. “There is growing momentum to get something done and we agreed on a plan to keep working.”

Murphy’s office did not immediately respond to a request for information on which lawmakers attended. Sen. John Cornyn’s office said the Texas Republican was not there.

Murphy’s comments come as lawmakers reignite calls for gun-related legislation in the wake of two deadly shootings in recent weeks in Buffalo, N.Y. and Uvalde, Texas.

Following the shooting at Robb Elementary School in Texas, Murphy made an emotional plea to lawmakers to act on gun control.

more
https://thehill.com/news/senate/3508955-murphy-says-growing-momentum-on-gun-violence-legislation-after-latest-meeting-of-bipartisan-group/

That's what I'd like to know.  Who was in attendance?  Exactly how "bi-partisan" was the meeting?  Another Gang of Eight??
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.