Author Topic: California to unveil groundbreaking Black reparations report  (Read 420 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

California to unveil groundbreaking Black reparations report
Fox KTVU, May 31, 2022, Associated Press

SAN FRANCISCO - California’s first-in-the-nation task force on reparations will release a report Wednesday documenting in detail the harms perpetuated by the state against Black people and recommending steps to address those wrongs, including expanded voter registration, making it easier to hold violent police accountable and improving Black neighborhoods.

It also recommends the creation of a special office that would, in part, help African Americans document their eligibility for financial restitution.

The report, which runs 500 pages, will be the first government-commissioned study on harms against the African American community since the 1968 Kerner Commission report ordered by then-President Lyndon Johnson, task force Chair Kamilah Moore said.

More:  https://www.ktvu.com/news/california-to-unveil-groundbreaking-black-reparations-report

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: California to unveil groundbreaking Black reparations report
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2022, 01:21:12 pm »
Oh, this will be good.... *****rollingeyes*****
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2022, 01:39:57 pm »
I expect my eyes will be *****rollingeyes***** ing so much that my eyes will be spinning in their sockets. Except for 6 years of college and a couple years after, I've been a life-long Californian. My parents were life-long Californians. I did not see, in my schools, church, and hometown, the kind of racism I expect this shamvestigation's "report" will call out. The closest was a 1960s arson fire at a majority-black church ... after which churches in the town banded together to help with a place for them to meet, other necessities, and the $$ to rebuild (that rebuilt church is still in use by that congregation). Further, that I can determine from the unguarded comments of my parents, schools in the county were never segregated - they had black, Hispanic, Chinese, etc. classmates - nor were there whites-only businesses or facilities.

Racist idiots exist, and will until Jesus returns, but in 44+ years of life here in Silicon Valley, I have not seen white-on-black, -Hispanic, -(S)E Asian, or -South Asian racism. At worst, I think businesses know they cannot afford for racism to drive talented people to competitors (and I think businesses are better than that minimum). And the Evangelical churches I've attended through the decades never had differing degrees of welcome for people of different skin color.

But facts matter little to Progs with ideology-driven pre-written conclusions.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2022, 01:46:24 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2022, 01:49:22 pm »
I expect my eyes will be *****rollingeyes***** ing so much that my eyes will be spinning in their sockets. Except for 6 years of college and a couple years after, I've been a life-long Californian. My parents were life-long Californians. I did not see, in my schools, church, and hometown, the kind of racism I expect this shamvestigation's "report" will call out. The closest was a 1960s arson fire at a majority-black church ... after which churches in the town banded together to help with a place for them to meet, other necessities, and the $$ to rebuild (that rebuilt church is still in use by that congregation). Further, that I can determine from the unguarded comments of my parents, schools in the county were never segregated - they had black, Hispanic, Chinese, etc. classmates - nor were there whites-only businesses or facilities.

Racist idiots exist, and will until Jesus returns, but in 44+ years of life here in Silicon Valley, I have not seen white-on-black, -Hispanic, -(S)E Asian, or -South Asian racism. At worst, I think businesses know they cannot afford for racism to drive talented people to competitors (and I think businesses are better than that minimum). And the Evangelical churches I've attended through the decades never had differing degrees of welcome for people of different skin color.

But facts matter little to Progs with ideology-driven pre-written conclusions.

I've missed your dispatches from Cali, @PeteS in CA!  Thanks for keeping us up-to-date on what's what over there across the border from me....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: