Author Topic: Couple Celebrates 70th Anniversary Dressed in Original $35 Wedding Gown and Korean War Suit  (Read 414 times)

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
In troubled times, here's a piece one can feel good about.

NOTE: When reading articles at The Epoch Times, TURN OFF javascript in your browser.
This is easily done with the click of the mouse using free add-ons/extensions.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/couple-celebrates-70th-anniversary-dressed-in-original-35-wedding-gown-and-korean-war-suit_4492030.html

Couple Celebrates 70th Anniversary Dressed in Original $35 Wedding Gown and Korean War Suit

A South Dakota couple married for 70 years celebrated the incredible milestone with a romantic photoshoot, and the bride wore her original wedding dress.

Nancy Lubbers, 87, dusted off her $35 white lace gown for the heartwarming shoot with her husband, Melvin, 91.

The lovely pair first met at a skating rink, and Melvin later proposed at a ballpark. The teenage sweethearts married on Jan. 6, 1952, when Nancy was just 16 years old.

Seven decades later, the pair have five children, with their ages ranging between 67 to 54. They are blessed with 12 grandchildren and 21 great-grandchildren.

The family celebrated the couple’s 70th wedding anniversary in January this year. Their youngest granddaughter, Anna, a professional wedding photographer, decided to mark the occasion with a special photoshoot in the family garden.

Anna said: “My grandparents only have a couple of photos from their wedding day. I came up with the idea to take photos of Grandma in her dress and then my mom, Melissa, found Grandpa’s Korean War army suit for him to wear.

“I’m so glad I got to capture their love, even if it was 70 years after their wedding day. The photos are precious and our family loves them.”

More at URL above (with pics)...

Then and today:

Offline Kamaji