Author Topic: ‘Never lie, cheat or steal,’ defense secretary tells Air Force Academy grads  (Read 340 times)

rebewranger

‘Never lie, cheat or steal,’ defense secretary tells Air Force Academy grads
By Meghann Myers
 Wednesday, May 25

COLORADO SPRINGS ― At a time when young leaders in the military are facing a mountain of challenges, the Pentagon’s boss chose to keep it simple in his advice to the next generation of Air Force and Space Force 2nd lieutenants on Wednesday: Just do the right thing.

Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin gave the keynote address at the Air Force Academy graduation, following Joint Chiefs Chairman Army Gen. Mark Milley’s comments Saturday at the U.S. Military Academy and preceding President Joe Biden’s scheduled Friday remarks at the Naval Academy.

“We’re here to defend America’s security and win America’s wars,” Austin said. “But we’re also here to safeguard America’s values.”

That includes a love of service, he added, not only to your fellow service members, but to your community and your country.

https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/pentagon-congress/2022/05/25/never-lie-cheat-or-steal-defense-secretary-tells-air-force-academy-grads/
« Last Edit: May 29, 2022, 11:26:43 am by rangerrebew »

rebewranger

In other words: do as I say, not as I do. :da man:

Offline AARguy

I wish he had said, "Never be woke, never support CRT instruction in school, never never abandon American citizens to terrorists, never arm terrorists, never send billions to secure the border of a foreign nation when you refuse to defend your own, never graduate a West Point Cadet who was convicted of stealing a watch from from the Cadet Store, and never find racism in a bowl of chicken soup."