Author Topic: Biden zeroes in on plan to cancel $10,000 in student loans per borrower  (Read 145 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Biden zeroes in on plan to cancel $10,000 in student loans per borrower
by Brett Samuels - 05/27/22 9:55 AM ET

President Biden is nearing a decision on student loan debt forgiveness, with the president and his team zeroing in on canceling $10,000 per borrower, with some potential caveats.

White House officials cautioned no decision has been finalized as Biden continues to weigh his options. The president is scheduled to speak at the Naval Academy’s commencement ceremony on Friday and at the University of Delaware’s ceremony on Saturday.

Multiple reports indicated Biden considered using the weekend commencement ceremonies to announce some student debt forgiveness, with The Washington Post reporting the timing was changed in the wake of a school shooting in Uvalde, Texas, that left 19 children dead. A White House official disputed that was the case, however.

“No decisions have been made yet — but as a reminder no one has been required to pay a single dime of student loans since the president took office,” deputy press secretary Vedant Patel said.

Multiple sources told The Hill in late April that Biden was looking at canceling at least $10,000 in student debt, and indications are the White House appears to have settled on that number even as they work through potential limits on who the loan cancellation would benefit.

more
https://thehill.com/news/administration/3503830-biden-zeroes-in-on-plan-to-cancel-10000-in-student-loans-per-borrower/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

:facepalm2:

I've conscientiously paid my student loans for the last 20 years, even when I was unemployed; I don't see why these snowflakes cannot as well.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

It would be nice if he would also cancel $10,000 of my mortgage or property taxes.

What makes these immature, financially irresponsible muppets deserving of student debt forgiveness, and makes the rest of us chumps?
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline Kamaji

The debts shouldn't be cancelled.  They should be converted into debts that can be handled by the bankruptcy courts, through either outright discharge in certain cases under Ch. 7, and with partial payment under a 3 or 5 year plan under Ch. 13.