Author Topic: Dem Rep. Cicilline: Republicans Will ‘Pay a Political Cost’ if They Don’t Pass Gun Laws  (Read 315 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dem Rep. Cicilline: Republicans Will ‘Pay a Political Cost’ if They Don’t Pass Gun Laws

Pam Key 27 May 2022

Representative David Cicilline (D-RI) said Friday on “MSNBC Reports” that Republicans would pay a political price if they don’t work with Democratic lawmakers to pass gun control measures.

Cicilline said, “Guns have become the leading cause of death for America’s kids. We have a gun violence epidemic in this country. We’ve already passed two bills, one to strengthen criminal background checks, the other to close the Charleston loophole where if the background check has not been returned, you still can’t buy a gun until it has been completed.”

He continued, “We need our Republican colleagues to understand Americans are demanding that we take action to reduce gun violence in this country. I hope something comes of it. I hope we are going to bring back the Judiciary Committee and pass more common-sense gun safety bills and get them to the House floor and send them to the Senate as well.”

Cicilline added, “Let’s be honest, Republicans are preventing passage of these two common-sense bills. We need our Republican colleagues to understand the American people is pleading with us to do something to protect their families from this kind of violence. When parents can’t send their kids to school without worrying whether they’ll come home alive, we have failed. They have a responsibility to work with Democrats, to get something to the president’s desk to respond to this epidemic. If they don’t, they are going pay a political cost because the American people have had it. They expect us to do something to create safer communities and reduce gun violence in this country.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/05/27/dem-rep-cicilline-republicans-will-pay-a-political-cost-if-they-dont-pass-gun-laws/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Democrats have made this threat before and it doesn’t pan out as they hope. It only results in record gun sales.

Besides, why are the Democrats so concerned about the GOP paying a political price?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline rustynail

Republicans Will ‘Pay a Political Cost’ if They Pass Gun Laws

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Republicans Will ‘Pay a Political Cost’ if They Pass Gun Laws
And how.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mrclose

The Republicans could make people aware of the following but they won't!

It should have been done 2,000 infringements ago!

I am convinced that No One, not even the so called "Constitutionalists" know or understand the Constitution or it's purpose!

If they do they wouldn't continue with.. " our constitutional right's! "
(Our Right's are God given and not granted by the Constitution or any mealy mouthed politician!)

Either they are afraid of the truth or losing their jobs!

People like Laura Ingraham, Sean Hannity, Dershowitz etc. Etc.

None of them even try to educate the public!

Pay particular attention to the wording in part 2 below!

U.S. Supreme Court

United States v. Cruikshank, 92 U.S. 542 (1875)

PART 1
The right to bear arms is not granted by the Constitution; neither is it in any manner dependent upon that instrument for its existence.

PART  2
The Second Amendment means no more than that it shall not be infringed by Congress, and has no other effect than to restrict the powers of the National Government.

https://supreme.justia.com/cases/federal/us/92/542/
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Ukraine owning guns, entity after entity muslim fanatical jihadist being given US Armies by woke generals-democrats, and Let us not forget Mexican drug lords. Democrats insist they be armed to the teeth, even felons, but law abiding Americans must loose their rights to self defense becuawse of 'woke' butchers that slaughter children.  Democrats posture greatly but really don't much mind, for the 'woke' it really is just late abortions, how they view children is quite consistent.
The damned are so confused when they get their way and their choice of leaders.  Much the same with fools.
Their reward is waiting patiently for them, their excuses be damned.
 :smokin:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Killer Clouds

Dem Rep. Cicilline: Republicans Will ‘Pay a Political Cost’ if They Don’t Pass Gun Laws

Pam Key 27 May 2022

Representative David Cicilline (D-RI) said Friday on “MSNBC Reports” that Republicans would pay a political price if they don’t work with Democratic lawmakers to pass gun control measures.

Cicilline said, “Guns have become the leading cause of death for America’s kids. We have a gun violence epidemic in this country. We’ve already passed two bills, one to strengthen criminal background checks, the other to close the Charleston loophole where if the background check has not been returned, you still can’t buy a gun until it has been completed.”

He continued, “We need our Republican colleagues to understand Americans are demanding that we take action to reduce gun violence in this country. I hope something comes of it. I hope we are going to bring back the Judiciary Committee and pass more common-sense gun safety bills and get them to the House floor and send them to the Senate as well.”

Cicilline added, “Let’s be honest, Republicans are preventing passage of these two common-sense bills. We need our Republican colleagues to understand the American people is pleading with us to do something to protect their families from this kind of violence. When parents can’t send their kids to school without worrying whether they’ll come home alive, we have failed. They have a responsibility to work with Democrats, to get something to the president’s desk to respond to this epidemic. If they don’t, they are going pay a political cost because the American people have had it. They expect us to do something to create safer communities and reduce gun violence in this country.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/05/27/dem-rep-cicilline-republicans-will-pay-a-political-cost-if-they-dont-pass-gun-laws/
The article above is all lies. A gun has never killed anyone. Until the DCP. Idiots face the truth no matter of unconstitutional gun restrictions will change anything.