Author Topic: Joy Reid: ‘As Far as We Know, There Was no Mental Health Issue’ with Uvalde Shooter  (Read 387 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Joy Reid: ‘As Far as We Know, There Was no Mental Health Issue’ with Uvalde Shooter

Trent Baker 27 May 2022

MSNBC’s Joy Reid, host of “The ReidOut,” on Thursday claimed that “there was no mental health issue” with Robb Elementary School shooter Salvador Ramos.

Reid accused Republicans of “tying themselves into pretzels” by blaming everything but guns after Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R) initially said there were no known mental health issues with the Uvalde gunman who took the lives of 19 children and two adults.

“We begin …. with Republicans just tying themselves into pretzels to point themselves at every single thing, but the problem — the gun,” Reid opened her show.

“As far as we know, there was no mental health issue with the individual who stole the futures of 19 children in Uvalde, Texas,” she added. “Governor Greg Abbott even said it himself before he contradicted himself.”

After airing a clip of Abbott touching on the nationwide mental health crisis, Reid pointed out that the governor “slashed more than $200 million from the department overseeing mental health programs.”

“OK, Greg Abbott, you flipped it around, and now you say that mental health was the problem. OK,” Reid outlined. “Yet, NBC News reports that Abbott slashed more than $200 million from the department overseeing mental health programs in a state that is already dead last in the country for access to mental health care. Abbott certainly has an approach providing mental health services with the same zeal as making sure that every Texan who wants to carry a gun can do so anywhere at any time.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/05/27/joy-reid-as-far-as-we-know-there-was-no-mental-health-issue-with-uvalde-shooter/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Bullshit.  There is plenty of evidence of serious mental illness.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

The kid fit the psychological profile of a school mass shooter.  He was mentally ill, but no one acted upon the signals.

Those around mentally ill children may not know the tell-tale signals or may not know how to intervene and help.

They fall through the cracks and fly below the radar ... like a long dormant volcano that re-activates and explodes (like Mt. St. Helens).  There were signs, but you had to know what too look for and where to look.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline mountaineer

She's about the least-qualified to evaluate another person's mental health, if you know what I mean.
Plus, she's stupid.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I guess that Reid is making the argument that a healthy normal 18 year old was forced by gun manufacturers to take money no one can figure out how an unemployed fast food worker got and go buy two AR-!%'s and lots of ammo. Then those evil black guns made him watch while they shot his grandma in the face, then they dragged him to a school where they made him watch while they slaughtered 19 innocent children and their two teachers. Yeah right Joy, no evidence of him being mentally ill like the time when he was fourteen and said he was going to commit mass murder when he graduated high school.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Someone so deeply in denial about their own condition would hardly notice a homicidal maniac in the offing.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis