Author Topic: What Princeton Did to My Husband  (Read 638 times)

Offline mountaineer

What Princeton Did to My Husband
« on: May 27, 2022, 12:45:58 pm »
My alma mater is not the school I once loved. But Joshua Katz is exactly the man I knew I married.
Solveig Lucia Gold
May 26, 2022
I decided to apply for early admission to Princeton after sitting in on Professor Joshua Katz’s seminar in April of 2012. I’m afraid I don’t remember the content of the seminar, but I do remember the way he captivated the classroom—the way his students hung onto his every word and the way he hung onto theirs.

Last summer, I married him. This week, Princeton fired him. ...

When hundreds of his colleagues in July 2020 signed a letter with demands in the name of anti-racism, he penned a response in Quillette. He agreed with some of their demands (the expansion of an undergraduate fellowship program, summer move-in allowances for new assistant professors) but found others to be deeply immoral and discriminatory, including extra pay and perks for faculty of color and the formation of a committee to investigate and discipline so-called racist scholarship. He also described a long-defunct student group, the Black Justice League, as “a small local terrorist organization that made life miserable for the many (including the many black students) who did not agree with its members’ demands.”

We knew the piece would be controversial, but we didn’t anticipate what would follow. Princeton’s President Eisgruber denounced Joshua in the Daily Princetonian. Academics around the country accused him of inciting violence. He lost a prestigious outside appointment. Students and alumni petitioned the university to discipline him. A university spokesman said ominously that the administration would “be looking into the matter further.”

Eventually, the university called off its investigation. But the damage was done: Joshua was now a pariah. ...

In the end, Princeton found him guilty, even as they were busily defaming him as a racist to the entire freshman class.

Unsurprisingly, the ongoing attacks on my husband have been coupled with attacks on our marriage, as Twitter trolls and tenured academics alike try to get me to turn, as so many others have, on my husband.  ...
Link to entire article
No disagreement from the official narrative is permitted at Princeton University. Academic freedom seems to be a meaningless phrase.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

Re: What Princeton Did to My Husband
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2022, 01:13:16 pm »
From further in the article:

His colleague and former student, Dan-el Padilla Peralta, once detailed in his memoir the time he confided in Joshua about his undocumented status. “I felt what I never felt around my college friends: the compulsion to spill the beans on my undocumented woe.” With Joshua’s encouragement, Padilla Peralta worked to become documented.

Dan-el Padilla Peralta—the one he helped on the path to citizenship—publicly rebuked Joshua for his “flagrant racism.” The head of Joshua’s department, a friend with whom he had regular sushi lunch dates, condemned Joshua’s words in an email to the entire Princeton Classics community and issued an official statement on the department website, without ever saying a word to Joshua himself. We passed him on the sidewalk some months later; he looked the other way.

Fascinating how so-called "friends" turn on one so quickly, for political gain.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2022, 01:15:00 pm »
In 2022, it seems, all sex is to be celebrated—except between older men and younger women. Student-teacher relationships are unwise for all sorts of reasons, and Joshua will be the first to tell you why. But when the same people who think that children can consent to puberty blockers claim that a 21-year-old woman cannot possibly consent to a relationship with her professor, it’s hard to take them seriously.

QFT.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2022, 03:09:14 pm »
QFT.

Arizona State University has no rules regarding sexual fraternization, and actually encourages the Professors to bang students.  Led to my divorce back in '94.

I complained to them that a Professor was screwing my wife and they told me I had no standing to complain unless I was a fellow student and I felt he was not grading evenly.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2022, 03:27:51 pm »
As I understand it, the author and her husband didn't actually date until she had graduated. The sin - in Princeton's eyes - was not fraternization, but the professor's failure to slurp up to the leftist narrative.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2022, 03:28:44 pm »
As I understand it, the author and her husband didn't actually date until she had graduated. The sin - in Princeton's eyes - was not fraternization, but the professor's failure to slurp up to the leftist narrative.

Exactly.  Worse yet, the professor made his objections to the new Black Privilege known in a published article.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2022, 07:05:44 pm »
The Daily Princetonian boo-hoos:
Shame on you, The New York Times
The Daily Princetonian
Rohit Narayanan
May 25, 2022 | 1:16pm EDT

The years-long controversy surrounding Professor Joshua Katz made national headlines last week as both The New York Times and the Wall Street Journal reported that Katz was to be dismissed due to a University investigation finding he had misled investigators in a previous inquiry into allegations of sexual misconduct. Shockingly, however, these mainstream outlets give credence to Katz’s narrative of a conspiracy to fire him because of his 2020 criticism of a faculty letter, which argued for controversial anti-racist measures. According to this theory, University President Christopher Eisgruber ’83 surrendered his free speech bona fides and terminated the professor in the face of pressure from, among other groups, woke student mobs.

This framing completely misrepresents the truth of the matter. Princeton University students have neither the energy nor the organizational skill to meaningfully pressure the administration to fire anyone, let alone a prominent professor like Joshua Katz. The easy choice would have been to quietly welcome the professor back to campus. You can say what you want about Princeton’s decision to fire the classicist, but you cannot blame it on a nonexistent, cancel-hungry student body. The mainstream media could easily have discovered this truth if it had bothered to talk to undergraduates in the process of reporting their articles rather than practically copying and pasting an overwrought stereotype about college campuses.

Princeton is a profoundly apathetic place. ...
Read entire steaming pile of poo, if you like

Give me a break. On college campuses today, it just takes one student to whine about a professor, and that person is tossed out without regard for truth, justice or due process.
The author is a sophomore, and we all know what sophomores are called.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2022, 08:50:59 pm »
My alma mater is not the school I once loved. But Joshua Katz is exactly the man I knew I married.
Solveig Lucia Gold
May 26, 2022Link to entire article
No disagreement from the official narrative is permitted at Princeton University. Academic freedom seems to be a meaningless phrase.

@mountaineer

Is it allowed at ANY university?

I got kicked out of a 2 year community college right after getting out of the army for standing up in class and calling the history professor a lying fool,a phony,and a coward.

I don't think I had even been a student for 2 months then because I was still wearing army fatigue jackets because I couldn't afford to buy any new clothes.

And here,was the SOB whom I KNEW to have been a draft-dodger during WW-2 because he got his family to get him a job working with US Customs inspecting incoming ships in order to avoid the draft. He had previously told me himself that was what he did,and tried to claim it was military service. For all I know it might have been,but at that time it meant nothing to me at all. I knew of a lot of people that suddenly developed interest in working at shipyards or other jobs that would keep them from being drafted during WW-2. I even had a relative get sent back home after crying all night his first night of basic training after being drafted. He had literally never spent a night away from his mama or dealt with strangers at any time in his life before that,and he was terrified.

None of this really bothered me. What bothered me was this fool standing up in front of the class and declaring all VN Vets were cowards and punks that were afraid to fight the enemy.

I may have also promised to alter his physical and mental abilities if he ever tried to spout that nonsense in my hearing again.

The next day I was called into the Dean's office and told I was being booted out of college due to threatening a professor with physical harm.

Within 60 days,I got a letter in from the VA cancelling my GI Bill access due to "making violent threats to a professor."

I will also admit that I had plans for him a year or two down the road after everybody forgot about me,but come to find out,the community college fired him after that quarter and I had no idea where he went. Or maybe his contract expired,if they had contracts.
I dunno. All I do know is that he was gone,and I couldn't find out where he went. .

So,there I was,out of work due to physical abilities,and out of the GI Bill due to a punk professor. Ended up living in a panel truck out in the woods,and working day jobs on days I felt well enough to work.

Finally ended up getting the VA to agree to restore my GI Bill benefits so I could go to a trade school. That flat reminded me in the letter restoring my GI Bill benefits that this approval was ONLY for a trade school. Evidentially,I wasn't considered to be academic material.

Ironically enough,it was a gunsmith school. I managed to learn a trade while my body healed enough to allow me to work steady jobs again after graduation. Worked as a gunsmith for a few years before recognizing I would never have enough money to properly stock a gun shop to the point I could earn a living,and got lucky enough to finally force the US Postal Service to hire me.

I had taken and passed the test twice,the first time while I was still in gunsmith school out in Denver. Was turned down twice after being called in for an interview due to me having a history of back trouble from jumping out of helicopters and airplanes wearing full combat loads of equipment.

The along came Agent Orange,and since I was one of the first people to be treated for it while I was still in VN,and it was the reason I was medievaced back to Bragg,the lawsuit that forced the government to admit something was going on and to hire an independent agency to investigate,I got a letter from the VA telling me to fly to New Orleans at their expense to be treated and evaluated by The Oschelar (spelling) Cancer Clinic to determine if I was an Agent Orange Vet,and qualified for Agent Orange benefits from the VA.

I was,and ironically enough,after the VA being forced to increase my disability rating due to being an Agent Orange Vet,the a VA Awards Committee in Denver retaliated by deciding I no longer had a bad back. They did this to keep my disability rating to increasing to more than 50 percent.

Ironically enough,this worked out for me. A few years later after giving up on gunsmithing,I ended up taking the USPS test and passing it again. Which meant I was called in for a pre-employment interview again. When the snotty bastard told me they weren't going to hire me because I had a history of back trouble and they didn't like being told who they could and could not hire,I whipped out the VA claims paper that CLEARLY showed I no longer had a bad back.

They ended up hiring me against their will,and I managed to work for them for 5 years before the Agent Orange came back and I was forced to put in for medical retirement.

The SOB's didn't want to hire ME because I had back problems from my army service,yet they hired a black woman to work at the same post office who had some sort of undefined "physical problems",and she never handled any mail the whole time I was working there. The closest I heard to an explanation was she had some sort of "female problem" from giving birth to 5 or 6 kids.

They just let her sit in the break room and drink sodas and talk to the clerks taking breaks in between answering phone calls made to the station. As far as I know,she worked there until she retired,and never once delivered a piece of mail.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2022, 08:58:48 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!