Author Topic: Why Fight Wars at All?  (Read 139 times)

rebewranger

Why Fight Wars at All?
« on: May 27, 2022, 12:26:33 pm »

Why Fight Wars at All?
May 20, 2022 by Leonard Benton

Why fight wars at all? We lose lives and treasure even if we win. Those who survive are haunted by the violence and the price they paid; whether they were drafted or volunteered every one of them offered up their lives for an ideal.

War is a bloody, terrible business. Military personnel are trained to kill their opponents and destroy their materials of war whatever those materials may be. Cities are turned to rubble and bodies lay scattered about indiscriminately in the wrack and ruin of the battlefield. Millions have died friend, foe, and the innocent because they were ground to dust between the two.

War is terrible. But being against war for the sake of the terror of it alone while enjoying the luxuries that war has brought you makes you a fool of the first order. If we know all of this, why do we still fight?

https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?action=post;board=60.0

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Why Fight Wars at All?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2022, 07:29:31 pm »
I mean really, does the author even think? Is he ready to live under a repressive regime that allows him nothing, no property, no individuality, no religion, no freedom, is there nothing the author feels is worth fighting for? I guess I'll never no because the link is no good.