Author Topic: Second Amendment Is Not Absolute: Biden Demands More Gun Control  (Read 459 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Nicole Silverio
Media Reporter
May 25, 2022 6:22 PM ET

President Joe Biden called for stricter gun control legislation during his Wednesday address, claiming the Second Amendment allows for limitations on firearm ownership.

The president made the remarks alongside Vice President Kamala Harris in the aftermath of the Robb Elementary School shooting in Uvalde, Texas, which killed 19 children and 2 teachers. He announced his future visit to Texas alongside First Lady Jill Biden.

“As a nation, we must all be there for them. Everyone. And we must ask when in God’s name will we do what needs to be done to if not completely stop, fundamentally change the amount of the carnage that goes on in this country,” Biden said. “I’m sick and tired. I’m just sick and tired of what’s going on and continues to go on.”

He touted his push to pass “common sense gun reforms” while serving as chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee and as vice president, urging for these gun control laws to pass in order to have “a significant impact” on the number of tragedies occurring throughout the country.

“While they clearly will not prevent every tragedy, we know certain ones will have significant impact and have no negative impact on the Second Amendment. The Second Amendment is not absolute. When it was passed you couldn’t own a cannon, you couldn’t own certain kinds of weapons. There’s always been limitations. These actions we’ve taken before, they save lives and they can do it again. The idea that an 18-year-old can walk into a store and buy weapons of war designed and marketed to kill is I think just wrong. It just violates common sense.”

more
https://dailycaller.com/2022/05/25/second-amendment-biden-gun-control/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Re: Second Amendment Is Not Absolute: Biden Demands More Gun Control
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2022, 01:28:36 pm »
:facepalm2:

When a drunk driver slams into a group of kids, killing them, do we blame cars, and seek to impose tighter controls on car ownership?

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Second Amendment Is Not Absolute: Biden Demands More Gun Control
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2022, 03:00:44 pm »
So Joe is also a Con law expert? And he also makes it obvious that when it comes to logic he is totally illogical. Yeah Joe placing restrictions on American's 2nd Amendment rights will have no effect on the 2nd Amendment. Go back to your basement and eat your pudding.