Author Topic: Report: Biden Wants Denser Housing in American Neighborhoods, More Public Transportation  (Read 301 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Report: Biden Wants Denser Housing in American Neighborhoods, More Public Transportation

Penny Starr 25 May 2022

Joe Biden and others on the left believe increasing the inventory of houses Americans can afford requires putting more residences in already existing neighborhoods, including changing zoning laws to allow multiple units on single-family home lots. Biden also wants fewer people driving cars, which fits the leftist narrative that to achieve social justice and save the planet, people should live in dense, mixed-income neighborhoods, and use public transportation.

Quartz reports on Biden’s efforts to advance his housing and transportation agenda as a positive development, including bypassing the legislative process:

After centrists in Congress killed his Build Back Better bill aimed at addressing housing affordability, Biden is now finding ways to fix the problem without the legislature’s help. He’s proposing expanding federal financing for affordable housing and to offer more grants from the Department of Transportation (DOT) to localities that pass denser zoning laws. He also wants more housing that’s made up of manufactured parts instead of being built onsite.

Earlier this year, Biden’s DOT awarded three grants worth a total of $6 billion to localities that promoted density with better land-use policies.

The denser housing not only fits more homes into the same space, but by pairing transportation funding with affordable housing requirements, the government ensures that the new transit lines would be built for the people who would most use them, said Yonah Freemark, a researcher at the Urban Institute, a D.C. think tank.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/05/25/biden-wants-denser-housing-american-neighborhoods-more-public-transportation/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Cram more people into less space.  Hmmm sounds like back in the 60's when the Gov built housing projects and crime ran rampant where ever they were built.  Rats always think a failed project can work the next time.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Killer Clouds

Ok. Let's start with all the properties that DCP disciples own especially Traitor Joe's properties.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
"Mixed-income" worries me more than "dense" housing.  Let's make every neighborhood create Section 8 housing next door.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Of course it's much easier to control a population when you have them confined in the same space, that couldn't possibly have anything to do with this plan.

Online mountaineer

A Cabrini Green in every town! What could go wrong?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
A Cabrini Green in every town! What could go wrong?

Exactly! 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Of course it's much easier to control a population when you have them confined in the same space, that couldn't possibly have anything to do with this plan.

This has been going on for years in Montgomery Country, Maryland...right under the population's nose.

Suddenly all these mid-rise apartments are being built, taking up an entire block's "frontage", with the inner square being recreational facilities with commercial space on ground level...but who in the hell is living there?

Illegal immigrants who have been settled in our area are heavily sprinkled among other government subsidized tenants.

Yeah...there are Porsches and Range Rovers in the parking garages, but there are plenty of Honda Civics with that ridiculous rear stabilizer, which could take your eye out.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online mountaineer

"Mixed-income" worries me more than "dense" housing.  Let's make every neighborhood create Section 8 housing next door.
Many years ago, there was some chatter in Allegheny County, Pa., of the gubmint acquiring suburban homes and giving them (or renting them for practically nothing) to Section 8 welfare recipients. My elderly mother was in a panic that it would happen in her quiet solidly middle-class neighborhood, driving the value of her c. 1950 brick house to zero and bringing a criminal element to her street. As far as I know, the effort was abandoned - thank goodness.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
This has been going on for years in Montgomery Country, Maryland...right under the population's nose.

Suddenly all these mid-rise apartments are being built, taking up an entire block's "frontage", with the inner square being recreational facilities with commercial space on ground level...but who in the hell is living there?

Illegal immigrants who have been settled in our area are heavily sprinkled among other government subsidized tenants.

Yeah...there are Porsches and Range Rovers in the parking garages, but there are plenty of Honda Civics with that ridiculous rear stabilizer, which could take your eye out.
They have been doing this for years where I live in Huntington Beach, CA and cities all around me, they call them 'mixed use' with business on the first floor and three or four floors above them and they are not cheap rentals. In Los Angeles remarkably or not, my SIL is supervising a framing and drywall crew on his third behemoth over ten floor multi use affair. I couldn't live in one I am damn near going postal after being force back into an apartment with inconsiderate asses above me, in one of those I would feel like being in a prison and my mental health would be severely impacted.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

We can start by seizing Biden's Delaware home by emminent domain to build multi-family houses.

I'm a fan of the classic Dorchester (Mass) triple decker:

Ironically, in the Post-War period, these nighborhoods were viewed as blights, and were bulldozed by infamous Urban Renewal projects.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2022, 05:37:31 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Wingnut:
Cram more people into less space.  Hmmm sounds like back in the 60's when the Gov built housing projects and crime ran rampant where ever they were built.  Rats always think a failed project can work the next time.

Democrats early utopian answers to Americas social problems, projects and slums, and the social anarchy that went with it back then.  As already referred to the problems they create come with toxic remedies worse than the problems they are supposed to cure.  In the midst of that social upheaval and change, they murdered JFK, RFK, MLK to lead a social upheaval change to disarm little children by slaughtering them to demand and get gun control.  Then they will amp up these changes on steroids.  TheSatan wants and de same wicked of old, is trying even harder now, and when we are all disarmed, you will see far worse than third world nation living, as the Bible says, Desolation of days, life nearly being snuffed out across the globe, Satan demands to have his ways these days. The blind locksteppers will have it so.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
His handlers want everybody living in large cities in "Khrushchev Apartments",except for the farm workers necessary to produce food. They can just live in the farm collective.

Except for the elites,of course. They will live in the country in massive mansions,just like the elites in the Soviet Union.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!