Author Topic: Baby formula shortage not a problem in Mexico, parents say  (Read 214 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 May 29, 2022 9:00am EDT
Baby formula shortage not a problem in Mexico, parents say
Tijuana, Mexico, shelves stocked with baby formula, parents say

By Jon Michael Raasch | Fox News

TIJUANA, Mexico – Baby formula can be easily found south of the U.S. despite the shortage, parents in a Mexican border town told Fox News.

"Well, right now, when I got the formula, I've seen two, three people getting formula from the other side," Jorge, of Tijuana, said. "They have it everywhere at the pharmacies, any store."

As the United States deals with a baby formula shortage due to a recall and pandemic-related supply chain issues, some Americans told Fox News they're purchasing baby formula from Mexico. The shortage prompted President Biden to invoke the Defense Production Act to ensure manufacturers have the necessary supplies for baby formula production.

"The very first Costco that I got [to], the formula is here," said Francisco, who was looking to purchase formula on behalf of his adult son in the U.S. "He's not able just to get it in the States."

"He knows that right here in Tijuana, it seems that there are plenty of it," Francisco continued.

Carla, the mother of a 2-year-old, told Fox News: "I don't know anyone who has problems finding" baby formula.

Another Tijuana mother, Melanie, said: "I haven't had problems, but I know a lot of moms from a Facebook group who live in the U.S.A., and they are like crazy trying to get the milk."

"A lot of them come to Tijuana to buy," Melanie added.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/world/baby-formula-shortage-not-problem-mexico
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34