Author Topic: BREAKING: Active shooter at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas, school district says  (Read 62217 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Texas School Shooter Made Multiple Rape and Death Threats. Here's Why Nothing Happened to Him.
Matt Vespa

Posted: May 31, 2022 6:00 AM

Another mass shooter that was all but saying he was a ticking time bomb—and no one did anything. This seems to be a pattern. Salvador Ramos shot and killed 19 students at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas which has spurred another wave of anti-gun activism, opportunism by desperate Democrats, and all-around sensationalism in the media who are also hoping to use this mass shooting to distract us from the failing Biden presidency. We all know this.

What is keeping these wounds raw is the ongoing investigation into this shooting, specifically the police response which has earned low marks. The Department of Justice is launching an investigation as the Texas Department of Safety is now saying the decision to hold back and not breach the classroom where Ramos was barricaded was the wrong decision. It’s not known yet, but it wouldn’t shock me if this decision to hang back cost lives. It was nearly an hour before police breached the door which could be locked from the inside.

Yet, we’re also getting reports that Ramos was not some quiet kid, at least not online. He posted various death and rape threats. He was reported. And nothing happened (via WaPo):

He could be cryptic, demeaning and scary, sending angry messages and photos of guns. If they didn’t respond how he wanted, he sometimes threatened to rape or kidnap them — then laughed it off as some big joke.

But the girls and young women who talked with Salvador Ramos online in the months before he killed 19 children in an elementary school in Uvalde, Tex., rarely reported him. His threats seemed too vague, several said in interviews with The Washington Post. One teen who reported Ramos on the social app Yubo said nothing happened as a result.

Some also suspected this was just how teen boys talked on the Internet these days — a blend of rage and misogyny so predictable they could barely tell each one apart. One girl, discussing moments when he had been creepy and threatening, said that was just “how online is.”

In the aftermath of the deadliest school shooting in a decade, many have asked what more could have been done — how an 18-year-old who spewed so much hate to so many on the Web could do so without provoking punishment or raising alarm.

But these threats hadn’t been discovered by parents, friends or teachers. They’d been seen by strangers, many of whom had never met him and had found him only through the social messaging and video apps that form the bedrock of modern teen life.

[…]

The girls who spoke with The Post lived around the world but met Ramos on Yubo, an app that mixes live-streaming and social networking and has become known as a “Tinder for teens.” The Yubo app has been downloaded more than 18 million times in the U.S., including more than 200,000 times last month, according to estimates from the analytics firm Sensor Tower.

On Yubo, people can gather in big real-time chatrooms, known as panels, to talk, type messages and share videos — the digital equivalent of a real-world hangout. Ramos, they said, struck up side conversations with them and followed them onto other platforms, including Instagram, where he could send direct messages whenever he wanted.

But over time they saw a darker side, as he posted images of dead cats, texted them strange messages and joked about sexual assault, they said. In a video from a live Yubo chatroom that listeners had recorded and was reviewed by The Post, Ramos could be heard saying, “Everyone in this world deserves to get raped.”

A 16-year-old boy in Austin who said he saw Ramos frequently in Yubo panels, told The Post that Ramos frequently made aggressive, sexual comments to young women on the app and sent him a death threat during one panel in January.

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2022/05/31/texas-school-shooter-made-multiple-rape-and-death-threats-heres-why-nothing-hap-n2607973
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
@240B

If there is such a thing as a Mother of the Year Award,this woman is my pick for winner.

@sneakypete @240B

I second the motion!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Kamaji

Texas School Shooter Made Multiple Rape and Death Threats. Here's Why Nothing Happened to Him.
Matt Vespa

Posted: May 31, 2022 6:00 AM

Another mass shooter that was all but saying he was a ticking time bomb—and no one did anything. This seems to be a pattern. Salvador Ramos shot and killed 19 students at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas which has spurred another wave of anti-gun activism, opportunism by desperate Democrats, and all-around sensationalism in the media who are also hoping to use this mass shooting to distract us from the failing Biden presidency. We all know this.

What is keeping these wounds raw is the ongoing investigation into this shooting, specifically the police response which has earned low marks. The Department of Justice is launching an investigation as the Texas Department of Safety is now saying the decision to hold back and not breach the classroom where Ramos was barricaded was the wrong decision. It’s not known yet, but it wouldn’t shock me if this decision to hang back cost lives. It was nearly an hour before police breached the door which could be locked from the inside.

Yet, we’re also getting reports that Ramos was not some quiet kid, at least not online. He posted various death and rape threats. He was reported. And nothing happened (via WaPo):

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2022/05/31/texas-school-shooter-made-multiple-rape-and-death-threats-heres-why-nothing-hap-n2607973

All of the signs were there, plain as day for those who could see.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
@Smokin Joe @IsailedawayfromFR

It is likely that we will NEVER know the truth through any official channel.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mountaineer

Have we gotten any information about the teacher who propped the door open? I have seen and heard zero follow-up on that very important detail.
Who propped the door, and why?

How did a guy with no income - only a previous job at Wendy's - buy $5,000 worth of guns, ammo and gear?

How many children were wounded/injured? Their conditions? We are hearing only of the deceased children and two teachers.

This guy has asked a lot of questions:

https://twitter.com/Tinker_Sparked/status/1530916192021622791

https://twitter.com/Tinker_Sparked/status/1529785725603954688
« Last Edit: May 31, 2022, 02:33:32 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Right_in_Virginia

The coward ducked into his car ......

"Crowds scream “Do something” at Joe Biden in Uvalde, Texas"  (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1530991679863504897

Offline Right_in_Virginia

The hill
@thehill

Texas senator: "Finger pointing" at authorities after shooting "destructive, distracting, and unfair" https://trib.al/jB719Pq

9:17 AM · May 29, 2022  SocialFlow

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Charlie Spiering
@charliespiering
·
5m
Biden says he met with about 250 family members of the shooting victims in Texas for almost four hours.

"Nobody left."

We'll find out if that's true...
Support the USO

Offline mountaineer

Charlie Spiering
@charliespiering
5m
Biden says he met with about 250 family members of the shooting victims in Texas for almost four hours.
"Nobody left."

We'll find out if that's true...
Charlie Spiering
@charliespiering
Joe Biden: "I've been to more mass shooting aftermaths than I think any president in American history unfortunately.”
11:57 AM · May 31, 2022

How the heck does one attend or "go" to an aftermath? What an idiot.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Charlie Spiering
@charliespiering
Joe Biden: "I've been to more mass shooting aftermaths than I think any president in American history unfortunately.”
11:57 AM · May 31, 2022

How the heck does one attend or "go" to an aftermath? What an idiot.

If I read the story correctly...he said something similar to that today in a meeting with the PM of New Zealand.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@Smokin Joe @IsailedawayfromFR

It is likely that we will NEVER know the truth through any official channel.

Every ass out there has some part that needs to be covered.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The coward ducked into his car ......

"Crowds scream “Do something” at Joe Biden in Uvalde, Texas"  (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1530991679863504897
No matter what he does, it is guaranteed to be the wrong thing, focused on answering the wrong questions. I would prefer he do nothing at all, and the same goes for Congress, since it is almost guaranteed anything they do will be the wrong thing, too.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

No matter what he does, it is guaranteed to be the wrong thing, focused on answering the wrong questions. I would prefer he do nothing at all, and the same goes for Congress, since it is almost guaranteed anything they do will be the wrong thing, too.

:thumbsup:

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 9999hair out0000

I'm at a loss for words...a person may not be able to get a gun but there are other weapons he can use so it's IMPORTANT to secure the schools....
Support the USO

Offline Kamaji

https://twitter.com/CurtisHouck/status/1531725047949303811

No, that's not the problem.  Guns used to be a lot more prevalent than they are now, and used to be much easier to acquire than they are now - think mail order armories - and yet, back in the day, there were a lot less of these shootings.  So, whatever has changed in American culture, it's not the prevalence of guns.

Offline Kamaji

9999hair out0000

I'm at a loss for words...a person may not be able to get a gun but there are other weapons he can use so it's IMPORTANT to secure the schools....

Exactly.  Bombs, knives, poison gas, etc, etc.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker

https://twitter.com/CurtisHouck/status/1531725047949303811
Just when I think the level of stupid in this administration can go no lower, they accept it as a challenge...and beat my expectations.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
May 31, 2022 3:48pm EDT
Texas school shooting suspect's grandmother upgraded to good condition one week after being shot in the face
Salvador Ramos allegedly shot his grandmother in the face before going on a rampage at nearby Robb Elementary School
By Paul Best | Fox News

Texas school shooting suspect Salvador Ramos's grandmother was upgraded to "good condition" on Tuesday, exactly one week after her grandson shot her in the face before going on a rampage at an elementary school less than a mile from her home.

The 66-year-old woman was transported to San Antonio by helicopter in critical condition immediately after the shooting. She was in serious condition all week before University Health upgraded her to "fair condition" on Sunday.

The hospital has also been treating three other victims of the tragedy. A 10-year-old girl was discharged on Friday, while another 10-year-old girl was in serious condition and a 9-year-old girl was in good condition on Tuesday.

Two adult victims at Brooke Army Medical Center were also in good condition on Monday.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-uvalde-school-shooting-suspect-grandmother-upgraded
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
His grandmother was able to run across the street to a neighbor's house and call 911 after being shot. Her husband, Rolando Reyes, told Fox News Digital last week that his wife was conscious but couldn't speak the day after the shooting and was undergoing surgery.

Wow I didn't realize she was able to do this..
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
May 31, 2022 5:23pm EDT
Texas school shooting: Lawyer says teacher closed door that gunman entered after propping it open
Texas DPS says the Uvalde teacher left a door ajar that 'wasn’t supposed to be propped open, it was supposed to be locked'
By Paul Best | Fox News

A lawyer for a Uvalde teacher that the Texas Department of Public Safety says left a door ajar just before a gunman entered Robb Elementary School is contesting that timeline, saying that the teacher actually closed the door as she called 911 when she saw there was an active shooter.

"She saw the wreck… She ran back inside to get her phone to report the accident. She came back out while on the phone with 911. The men at the funeral home yelled, ‘He has a gun!’ She saw him jump the fence, and he had a gun so she ran back inside," Don Flanary, a lawyer for the teacher, told San Antonio Express-News on Tuesday.

"She kicked the rock away when she went back in. She remembers pulling the door closed while telling 911 that he was shooting. She thought the door would lock because that door is always supposed to be locked."

Texas DPS Director Steven McCraw said Friday that the teacher propped open a door on the west side of the building at 11:27 a.m., just one minute before Salvador Ramos crashed a truck about 100 yards from the school and started firing shots at two people who were standing outside a nearby funeral home.

"The teacher runs to the room 132 to retrieve a phone, and that same team teacher walks back to the exit door and door remains propped open," McCraw said Friday.

"The bottom line is, we’ve reported what happened is that back door was propped open, it wasn’t supposed to be propped open, it was supposed to be locked. And certainly the teacher that went back for her cell phone, propped it open again. So that was an access point that the subject used."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-school-shooting-lawyer-says-teacher-closed-door-gunman-entered-propping-open
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Still not naming the teacher but she has lawyer-ed up...
Support the USO